Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Today!

Today is the day and I am so nervous! I hardly slept at all last night. On top of the nerves it was very hot and humid. I got up hoping to take a picture of the lunar eclipse but it was cloudy out and you couldn't see a thing. I mean how many people can say there was a very rare lunar eclipse the day they were born? A lot probably, but Jake could have been one of them.

It is hard to believe that in less than an hour I will be making one of the most important trips to the hospital in my life. I mean I go there almost everyday, but it is like this is the first time. Mike and I talked and talked last night. He couldn't sleep either, but now he is out like a log. Good thing he does his cleaning up before he goes to bed. He was all stressed out last night about all the things he hasn't gotten done at home and how he is going to get me set up at the hospital and then he is going to run home and finish a few last things. I wanted to smack him up side the head and yell about how he has had more than a week where he hasn't gone to work and he could have, should have, had all of those things done days ago, but I didn't. I just told him he wasn't allowed to be gone long and if I called he needed to get his ass back up there. He detests hospitals. He gets very very anxious there. He feels very helpless and as we all know that is a terrible feeling when we have no control over what is happening. Here is this great big strong guy and there is nothing he can do. He is really worried about me being in pain. I am worried about how he will handle everything. This big macho guy is concerned about blood and the "stuff that comes out." He is afraid he will faint and how will that look and who will take care of me then. I am worried about how often he will have to go out to smoke since he will be so stressed. I tried to get him something but he didn't want gum or patches and said he would take care of it himself. Well, he didn't.

Anyway, we talked and talked last night. We have been together for almost nine years. Mike's birthday is on Thursday and here is his present! I still think we don't have a clue how much our lives are about to change. We are both very stubborn people who like to have things our own way. I suspect we are about to bring another person just like that into this world! Almost nine years of just the two of us. I think our lives are just beginning now...

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Thinking of you and praying that everything goes great...I just know it will!!!
You are right, life as you know it will never be the same. It's quite a strange feeling. Daniel & I will celebrate 13 years together tomorrow and it's hard to believe we waited all this time to have our family. It's different now but it is just so much more complete. I always felt that he & I were our own family but now I really know what that means with our two daughters. There's just this incredible bond between the 4 of us that I feel no one could ever break...it's awesome.
I'm so happy for you guys and I am so anxious to see the first pics of little Jake!

Hopeful Mother said...

Best of luck - I'll be thinking of you and praying that all goes well with meeting your little guy today!

Linlee said...

Wishing you a speedy and safe delivery. Can't wait to see pictures!