Monday, August 27, 2007

40w 6d

I don't know how I feel today. I feel some relief in knowing that no matter what this will end tomorrow and then everything actually begins. I don't feel as scared as I have, but somehow I am guessing I won't sleep much tonight. At this point I am so uncomfortable I hardly sleep as it is. I am trying to poke or prod my husband into getting the basement and a few other things finished. He actually has made some progress, but it seems to make a difference when I am sitting in the room watching him. (the pig sticker helps too).

I have been contracting all day, but they don't seem to have any rhyme or reason at this time. My back seems to be really tight all the time though. I keep thinking maybe I won't have to wait until tomorrow but I'm just not there yet. My husband is asking all sorts of questions he thinks that I should have answers for or rather that there should actually be answers for. Like will you go into labor in the middle of the night? Maybe, it isn't like my body will decided that since it is night it should rest instead of give birth. How long will it take for the induction? Don't know every person is different and no two pregnancies that any woman has are the same. He didn't like that and thought I was being smart. I told him I would like to give him an exact time, but I don't freaking know!!! I'm just tired I guess.

I am extremely tired of the phone ringing and people wanting to know what is going on and why did I talk to so and so but not them. Well, so and so called already so I talked to them. When you tell someone that you will let them know when the baby is born you mean it. So if you don't call it means one of two things (to me at least) the baby hasn't been born or things may not be going well and they haven't had a chance to call and let you know yet. I keep thinking about putting a message on our answering machine that just says we aren't taking any calls at this time and don't call us we will call you. Both of our cellphones have been ringing constantly, even emails. I find texting and emails are more pleasant to deal with. Some how the people don't seem to be as rude. And why are they being rude to us anyway? WE ARE WAITING TOO!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

HOpe your able to sleep tonight. Best of luck with the delivery!!