Sunday, August 26, 2007

40w 5d

I can do it right? I can push this boy out even though he keeps getting bigger every single day right? I hope so. The thing is, I help fix things that happen to women's bodies after pushing these babies out. Some of them it is because of how many they had, some because of how big the babies were, and some... just because. I'm just a bit scared.

I survived my mother yesterday. She showed up before her hair appointment to drop off a cake she had made and to tell me she was going to the doctor before coming over. The first thing she said to me was "you aren't as big as I thought you would be." Gee, what a compliment. I guess that is better than saying the baby has grown so much in the past two weeks in the fashion she said it before.

We managed to keep her visit to less than 6 hours I think. We wouldn't really let her do anything, but what that meant was that we really didn't get to do anything either. It felt like another wasted day. Then after she left we got in a fight because Mike "went to the basement to work" much of the visit, but what he really did was take a nap in a chair in the basement. So things really didn't change at all down here. Little has been accomplished in a week. He made a comment to me about something I bought for the house, that it wasn't the right thing, and I apologized and said that I was just trying to help. Then he snapped at me and I cried for two hours I think. So I cry and he gets mad because I am crying. Great! We get a lot accomplished that way.

I drug my bawling but out to the store at 730 last night and spent a fortune on picture frames. I want to get some family pictures put up in Jake's room today and I needed to get some new or additional frames. That seemed to help dry my eyes up a bit. My face looks so swollen and puffy as it is, I know I had to really look great at the store! The left side of my face that is still trying to recover is a lot worse than the right side. It almost looks like I have had dental work done or I need to have dental work done because that cheek is so much puffier. Nothing like a never ending pregnancy to make a gal feel sexy! Everything is swollen from your toes to your face, the veins bulging in your legs and your husband is well aware that he isn't going to be able to have sex with you for the next six weeks. So he just makes sure to turn off all the lights and make sure the curtains are closed tightly so he can't see you at all...

Back to the never ending pregnancy. One of the doctors I work with lives up the street and he likes to play farmer. He has a bunch of horses and a couple of fields and a collection of crap like you have never seen. I am debating waddling up to his house and seeing if I can ride a tractor around for awhile to see if I could jostle myself into labor. The nasty gravel roads haven't done it but maybe the actual vibration of a tractor or whatever would do the trick. I suggested it to Mike yesterday and he wasn't keen on the idea. The lawn needs to be cut today, maybe I could ride the mower for awhile, huh? I don't know but I think I will go do some laundry, vacuum again, scrub the floors another time, and hang the pictures in Jake's room. He may even see it one day!!!

I guess the only good thing here is that this buys me a bit of time with the photographer, right? And maybe after they make me labor for hours upon hours and I will have to have c-section because Jake has grown to 18 pounds. So then he will have a nicely shaped head for such pictures. Funny, the last two people I know that went to this photographer did have c-sections after laboring for hours with their first baby (also boys). Both of those boys were over 9 pounds at birth!

No comments: