Friday, August 24, 2007

Soon to be Mommy and Daddy

Here the pictures Mike took of us last weekend. That is the first time I have seen Mike's face look so excited since he was telling everyone at Christmas that we were pregnant. I don't get that face. If only he got so excited about things like the nursery and getting the house done. He literally got just the front enough of the side yard mowed so that we could take these pictures. Anyway here we are thinking that in fact this pregnancy may end in delivery any second! Oh how we were wrong! We will see what happens at our appointment today. Maybe he can make my body do something because I don't know if I can make it another weekend! I forwarded an email yesterday afternoon, well after my normal time to be off work and I got a reply from my mom wanting to know what I was doing home from work! Are they making me stay home now?? Funny thing is, she is the one that should have still been at work! Anyway, she said that she will be in town tomorrow to get her hair cut and she will be by my house to help me! I will say that she did help me when I got my gallbladder out so I know it is possible, but 99.9% of the time it isn't so. If she is truly helping me then she is probably stepping on Mike's toes and he is trying to hide from her. She then thinks he is a terrible husband because he isn't there when I need him. Well... he and I may have a different set of expectations for him as a husband, but he isn't as bad as my mom thinks at least. No one is good enough... not Mike, not even me and as my sister likes to remind me, I am the favored child.


No comments: