Thursday, August 16, 2007

Getting nervous

Here we are, Jake and I, waiting some more. I am officially getting nervous/scared. I have a coworker that is driving me nuts. She is a total bitch and she acts like she is nice to you and gives a shit, but she really doesn't. She keeps asking me questions with answers that are intended to scare me. I have to just blow her off, but it is starting to get hard. (she is the one that tried to get me freaked out about my daycare).

So again, here we wait. Jake has been a bit quieter this week which has had me a little worried. I know he doesn't have much space to move so he doesn't seem to do it much. I was sitting in the rocking chair in Jake's now nearly finished room while my husband was finally replacing the outlets. (he still has a phone jack to fix, but I let it go today). Anyway, I was sitting in the chair listening to my husband curse as he changed the outlets. I don't know why he didn't do it sooner it took less than 20 minutes to do all of them and one of them he had trouble with. That time also included lots of talking to me and a phone call. He was asking me about Jake and I told him about his movements (or lack there of). We have had tons of hiccups, and a bit of wiggling but not so much stretching or wiggling around. I don't know if it was hearing his daddy or what but Jake woke up and hasn't gone back to sleep. It has been more than four hours and he is making up for all the quiet of the week. I think he is trying to do his part to get the hell out of there.

While Mike was working he kept telling me that he had so many things still to do and he just wanted to make sure he got them all done for me. I wanted to laugh. He just doesn't want to go to work. I told him that he HAS to go to work now because soon enough he will be home not earning any money. So he has been stopping his feet like a giant child with his lip out, but he will be going to work. He doesn't like the person he is lined up to run with and he complained about all the people around that person (just in case he got paired with the person ahead or behind). Poor baby! We all have to do things we don't want to sometimes. I seem to do a lot and he seems to do very little. (He tried telling me how important it was for him to go to my appointment with me tomorrow. Now he has gone to quite a few, but certainly not all of them!! I told him not to worry because there wasn't going to be any change)

Although it is still hot, it has been a bit cooler the past two days and it has really helped! It seems to have brought out my hunger. I think I have eaten more in the last week than the whole previous month. I feel like a human garbage disposal! We will see what happens with my weight tomorrow. I will just say that I am swollen if they comment. I will have a different nurse weighing me since I am seeing the midwife and hopefully she won't be judgemental. Obviously if you look at my chart you can see that my weight has changed very little from the first to the current weigh in. We will see, we will see...

Hey, my mom called and said that she cancelled her hair appointment for Saturday and is going somewhere with one of her friends instead! I was so excited. She claimed her stylist cut her hair too short last time and she needed to give it a bit longer, but really the answer was that she had a better offer. She said she would be happy to come or change her plans if I needed her. Thanks, but I'm good. I have to work Saturday and there is a going away party for a (now) former coworker in the evening. I have offered myself as a DD so I have to be there. I did tell people they would have to ride around the car seat though cuz it ain't coming out now!!! Then Sunday we have a retirement party for a physician that has been in our community for 35 years. I am so sad to see him go. He is one of the last of a dying breed. The sad thing is that he really doesn't want to retire, it is just all the bullshit at the hospital administration and new surgery center has him saying enough. His last day he spent with us in the OR and he keeps sneaking back because he misses us. We miss him too... The sad thing is, we know things are only going to get worse before they level out. We just don't know what kind of time frame we are dealing with.

No comments: