Friday, August 24, 2007

Grrr....

I am trying to remember right now that I really like my OB and that I see him for all of his knowledge and experience and crap. I am miserable. My back hurts, my feet hurt and I am ready to be done. I am terrified of getting Jake out and each day that passes makes it worse. My OB wanted me to come back and see him next Tuesday and do a biophysical profile and then do an induction on fricking FRIDAY!! That is when I started crying and said I don't think I could wait that long. I told him the baby would be 25 pounds by then! He said that well we could do it on Tuesday if there weren't already two inductions on the schedule for that day if that is what I wanted. NO, I want TODAY!!!! He checked the schedule while I got dressed and continued to cry on my husband. Thankfully at least there weren't already two on for the day. Then as I was leaving he gave me my pat on the shoulder and said there was about a fifty/fifty chance I might not have to be induced by then. He was pleased that I had dilated since I had seen him last.

This is not what I was hoping for!!! I know he is not big on inductions, but I am over due now. I didn't ask him to schedule one for convenience. Now it is about having both of us make through with the least amount of injury for Pete's sake!!!! Dear God, help me! I need some strength here. I need strength and patience. I need a lot of both to make it through my mom's visit tomorrow! My husband said he might go over to his friend's house tomorrow night and "drink some beers" because he doesn't want to be here around my mother. Ok, she can't stay that long and if he goes out drinking then I WILL go into labor and he will be drunk at the hospital like he was when I electrocuted myself just before my birthday. I talked to my sister and she said I need to make some brownies and drink half a glass of wine! The brownies sound really good at least.

1 comment:

Linlee said...

Hang in there! I feel so bad for you. I begged my doctor too and he induced me the day after my due date but only because my baby was already almost 9 lbs. You should see the stretch marks I have because of it!!!