Monday, August 20, 2007

Still here

Jake and I are still joined at the cord, and a few other things. I am continuing to work because I need to and today they needed me. What a day from hell! I didn't leave until a little after 1800 and there where still three rooms going with little end in sight! I must say that my charge nurse has been very nice to me and I am feeling bad about saying I hoped I didn't have to work with her again until I got back. Her mood has improved so much since she had her surgery. It must have really made her feel better, for which I am glad. No one should suffer when there is something that can easily be done to fix it. That is why we do what we do. That is why I stay late and work extra. Part of it anyway... The bad news is that we found out we are having another survey for two weeks! This time it is the state. I have never seen them come before. We were told that we are their very first stop as well. Great!!! If I still didn't have things I wanted/needed to accomplish I would do whatever I could to get this party rolling. There is still hope that I might go into labor tonight... but somehow I doubt it. Maybe after tomorrow... I think I keep saying or thinking that. I don't know. If I work another 12 hour day tomorrow I won't have to got back anymore. I just don't want to deal with surveyors. I make such a good target too. I'm big and I move slowly.

Have I mentioned that this baby feels HUGE??? I think you start to feel so miserable at the end so you don't care anymore about all the doubts you have about yourself and all the horror stories people tell you. I don't know, but I kind of thought today would be the day work would put me into labor!!!

No comments: