Friday, March 30, 2007

I have been doing alright the past couple of days. I have had nausea in the morning but I haven't gotten sick. Today has been four days and I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow. I did have my first migraine yesterday since I got pregnant and I cried. I cried a lot yesterday and I don't really know why. I don't have any migraine medicine that I can take and I didn't take a pain pill either. I have a big mug of caffeinated tea and I holed my self up in the dark and tried to sleep it out. It got better faster than I expected.

Our water heater took a dump yesterday. It didn't rust out thank God, but it stopped working all together. We have suspected it has been on its last leg for awhile, but we weren't sure. Mike thinks it was 26 years old so I guess it had served its time. That is the one good thing about renting. The bad thing is that our landlord lives about four hours away and was stuck in a snow storm. The very same snow storm that has had Mike home from work for three days now. If no one can get to the coal mine then no one can load the trains. So no one can take trains to the mines. Thank goodness he was home. My landlord has this "handyman" that she likes use. He got a new heater and brought it over and my husband helped him. Mike could have gone out and gotten a new one and put it in himself. It probably would have been easier, but we shouldn't have to right. He shouldn't have to help either, right? I am not impressed at all by this handyman. Mike has been trying to fix all the problems that he created. We still have crap for water pressure with the hot water only. We had no running water at all when the handyman left. Mike told me he was concerned about how this was being hooked up when the handyman made one of several trips to the hardware store. There was water spraying all over our basement because he didn't tighten the line to the heater. That sucks because we don't have a drain in the floor of the basement. We also had pipes full of sand and air. My FIL used to be a plumber and he talked with the watersoftener company and they think sand has clogged some of the filters in the watersoftener and that is the current problem. I don't know and I don't care. I just want to be able to wash the dishes piled all over my kitchen and I want to be able to wash the soap out of my hair tomorrow morning in the shower. It was a challenge this morning.

I took Molly in to get shots yesterday morning and I took her back to the vets today to get her teeth cleaned. They told me a couple of years ago that labs have a tendency to form super hard plaque and there isn't much you can do about it. I have given her "special" food and treats but it doesn't matter. Of course the definition of "special" is super expensive and very difficult to find. I feel bad because I probably waited longer than I should. I thought I had done her some permanent damage but I was wrong. Her teeth look beautiful now. She is funny on the other hand. She was still staggering when I picked her up. She was drooling when I got her home. She drank a lot and then pretty much passed out. She is perking up now because she keeps chasing a cat, but just for a minute and then lays down again. I took Sparky in this morning when I dropped Molly off to get his shots. Thank God the dog that ways 98 pounds is well behaved because the one that is 20 pounds is almost impossible to gain control over. I was so embarrassed. He was scared and shaking, but I couldn't get him to settle down on the scale. Then we went into the exam room and he pooped on the floor. It was 0900 and he pooped twice before we left home. Oh well, I had a sample for the vet when she wanted to do a fecal exam. He scattered all her papers and supplies around the room while I was trying to get him on the exam table while the vet took the pooh away. When she came back in he was in love and was a damn angel. I couldn't believe it. Does anyone know about the cost of chipping a dog? I was going to ask but I by the time my bill was just under $400 I seemed to forget. I don't know how it works either. I think they just shoot it under the skin but maybe they have to make an incision. I don't know, but Sparky is a runner and I suspect it would be a good idea.

I still can't believe this weather. Wednesday we had the doors and windows open because it was 70 degrees and today the high was in the 20's. We didn't get anymore snow like they thought we might, but we got about five inches yesterday. That is normal spring for us though.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Those damn migraines!!! I have been just waiting for one to pop in on me. I have only had one (KNOCK on WOOD!!) since finding out I was pregnant and it was so hard knowing my little miracle pills were in the cabinet but I couldn't take them. They are just horrible to deal with, even when we do have a remedy. I am sure I would have been crying, too. But, like you, I remember that the one I had while pg did end a lot faster than my usual ones and it didn't seem as intense...but still, they are never good.
Sounds like you've been busy the past couple of days!