Thursday, March 08, 2007

Scheduled

I got up this morning and there was no hot water. I cried. Anyway, I saw the surgeon and he said the gallbladder needs to come out. He said the ultrasound didn't give a very definitive diagnosis, but it wasn't normal and that isn't good. He said my OB has talked to him twice in the past two days about me. He said my risk of going into preterm labor is higher if we leave the gallbladder in there and it gets worse than taking it out. He said they will give me medications to prevent labor before and after surgery. He said that I will go to the post surgical floor unless I have any problems with baby and then he will do whatever my OB says. I'm scared. I keep crying. My boss was pretty nice. I think my mom is eating this up because she is needed. She said something horrible though when I told her I was scared. She said "whatever is meant to happen will happen." I didn't like that. He said my hernia is small and we won't touch it until I am done having kids and even then it may not need to be fixed. I'm still scared. Next Friday morning.

1 comment:

Hopeful Mother said...

Will be thinking of you. It is all going to go just fine!