Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Caution! Intra-abdominal pictures ahead

I asked my surgeon to take a picture of my uterus for me since I felt this was a unique opportunity. I thought I could toss these pictures in the old baby book. That, of course, implies that I will have to make one. Maybe I will pay my MIL and SIL because they LOVE doing that sort of thing. Anyway, here is my uterus at 17w3d. It looks kind of small in that big old cavity there. I was a little disappointed but then I stopped and looked. That is my colon that my uterus is nestled up to so when I actually think about it, I realize it IS taking up a lot of space in there. (if you are interested, I would say the picture on the left is looking kind of from the right side so the fundus is on the left side of the picture. The picture on the right is looking more on the diagonal with right side closet to the camera. Or at least that is how the pictures look to me) I didn't include the gallbladder pictures because who cares about that

1 comment:

Keeping The Faith said...

What cool pictures. Not everyday that a person gets "in-house" pictures of where their baby is growing. You'll definitely have to start a scrap book... or bribe your MIL or SIL. If they love that kind of thing they'll enjoy putting it together for you.

-Faith