Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Whining

I don't know how I expected to feel, but this might not be it. I guess I was expecting (dare I say hoping?) that I would need to sleep a lot. That isn't true. I am sore but not a whole lot more than when I was coughing and vomiting. The soreness is just mostly on my right side. If I get to coughing or breathe really deeply it hurts under my ribs. I would say I only truly have pain at night, you know, when I really want to sleep. I have had to get up for about three hours each of the last two nights.

Monday night I woke up at about 0140 (I guess that would be Tuesday) and I knew that this was going to require another pain pill kind of pain. I am only taking pain medication before I go to bed since Sunday because I can certainly handle sore. When I have the pain it isn't as bad as the pain I was having before surgery, even when I was hurting the most in the hospital. Anyway, I got up and ate a piece of bread so I could take a pain pill. I took the pill and finished my glass of water. I then realized I was cramping and pretty badly. I don't know if that is what woke me up or the pain in my side. I got back in bed and talked it over with my husband. I thought about and realized I hadn't had very much to drink that day and I had diarrhea after lunch and I threw up after dinner. This was not my best day. I only threw up because I had been crying so hard. Did I have a good reason? Not really. So got myself out of bed, grabbed two large glasses of water, climbed up into the throne, slapped a pillow under my right side and laid back so my feet were higher than my head. On top of this I had the feeling I needed to pee, but there was nothing and I was terribly itchy. I gave myself an hour to get better and then I was calling the OB and going to the hospital. I have never, to my knowledge, had a contraction. I have, however, seen them in action and monitored them on others. My "cramp" was a constant tightening of the uterus, I didn't feel it tighten and relax. So after about thirty minutes all was better. I had about half a glass of water left and I was wide awake. I finished my water and then I had to pee every 5-10 minutes. Oh well, I eventually made it back to bed. I got up and threw up though and I was so disappointed. Three mornings in a row I didn't get sick. I was SOOO hoping that was it. Nope, I believe I made up for at least two of the three with that too.

Last night my husband got called to work at about three and I just could go back to sleep. I was hurting but I didn't want to take anything. I tried to sleep for about an hour and then I got up and cleaned out my dresser. Then I read for a few minutes and was able to go back to sleep for a couple more hours. I can't seem to get much for naps either. Yesterday I didn't take on at all and the other days something wakes me up and I don't get back to sleep. I hoping to get some sleep here in a few minutes though.

I had to go into work today to sign up for my work schedule for the next month. We are giving self-scheduling a go. I think that is ridiculous and was one of the things I was crying about the other day. Oh well, I am not on the scheduling committee any more so I don't have to worry about trying to fix what my coworkers fuck up. (that is what happened last time we gave this a try). Anyway, I don't think this will stop the bitching. Then I was headed to the billing office when my MIL called. I haven't seen her in over a week. She called to invite me to lunch. I was tired already but I went. The billing office laughs at me because I work so hard to get my bills paid. They will allow hospital employees to have a payroll deduction to pay our hospital bills. I had just paid off my last surgery, and most of the labs that I had drawn when I got pregnant. They laugh at me because I don't want to wait until everything has cleared insurance before I start paying the bill. Sometimes that takes several months and with the baby coming I want to get the bill under control as soon as possible. I just don't want to owe my employer, you know? Just like I don't like working with a doctor knowing that I owe them money (even when the bill hasn't come yet).

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Sorry about the sickness over the past few days; sounds like it was pretty rough but I am a big wuss when it comes to stomach issues. Hopefully the worst is behind you!!
Oh, and I love the pictures of your uterus! What a great thing to have to show your baby one day...how awesome! I always thought I'd make a scrapbook when I finally got pregnant but it hasn't happened. I have a book that I fill out but I wanted to do so much more...just don't have the time or energy!
I had to laugh at your story about the car and your husband because he sounds a lot like mine : ) We had that big "discussion" a couple of weeks ago about being more budget-conscious and he comes home yesterday with a box full of liqour and a new bar set because we're having our housewarming party this weekend. So, I guess it's okay for him to splurge every once in a while...I'm making mental notes!!!
The antique/craft show we got to in in Round Top, TX and it is huge...miles of antiques and fun stuff. It takes us a day just to get down one side of the street. But, they have the best kettle corn, so I HAVE to go to get that!! I will likely just meet up with them on Friday because I just know that's the right thing to do for the babies.
Thanks for the advice!!

Keeping The Faith said...

Hey- your taking comments now... when did that change?... I used to try and try and your blog wouldn't allow comments...okay- now I realize I can :-)good!

Sorry your feeling crappy. You've had a rough pregnancy so far. Hopefully the 3 days in a row is a sign of ggod things to come. Maybe your 2nd trimester relief is just a little slow in coming. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It's not fun to feel so bad all the time.

Thanks for being such a support on my blog. I'm touched by all of your comments. I feel so much closer to my blog friends than those in real life. (shows the sad state of my real life friendships) I'm sorry if you've been allowing comments for a while and I didn't know.

Hope you feel much better soon-
Faith