Monday, March 05, 2007

Not my favorite day

After work today I went in search of a body pillow. I went to wally world and Target but no luck. I didn't go to the department store but I was too tired. I will have to try there tomorrow. Otherwise I may have to order one. I don't think I will be going out of town any time soon. I try to go to sleep on my left side. I have been trying since shortly after I knew I was pregnant. I knew it would take some work to change how I sleep. It doesn't last right now. I wake up in pain because I have rolled on to my stomach. Then the next time I wake up I have rolled onto my right side because that way I have turned away from the snoring. I have to figure something out because my back is killing me.

I ran into my OB this morning in our doctor's lounge when I was in search of the doctor I was working with today. He asked ME what the results were of my ultrasound. I almost told him that the bitch that did the study didn't tell me. Instead I said "the not very nice lady." He told me to call his office after it opened which was already my plan. I called and they had to get back to me of course. That drives me nuts. The damn thing was done Friday, if I wouldn't get fired I could pull the results up myself in the computer in about 30 seconds. So a couple of hours later the doctor himself called me back. I was surprised, but he is really nice. He told me the report said there was sludge and they couldn't rule out small stones, but the walls were okay. (sometimes they have huge stones and sometimes they are just filled with this sandy tar-like stuff. Both aren't good). He told me he wanted me to see a surgeon and he would get the report sent over to their office. I told him which surgeon I would see and he got all panicky because he said he thought that doctor was off all week. Well he happened to be operating at that moment so I told my doctor that. My OB is so funny. He told me to hang up and go talk to him right away!!! I did. Lucky he isn't going to be gone all week, just the next two days. He just wanted me to schedule myself for Friday and then I panicked a little. "SHOULDN'T YOU READ THE REPORT FIRST???" Well, yes. He told me to call the office and get myself "fit in" on Thursday afternoon. I did. I thought I had better go talk to my boss pretty quick then because this conversation took place in front of about 6 of my coworkers during a surgery.

The boss took it better than I thought. She asked if I could wait two weeks at first and then she said I needed to do whatever the doctor said. Some days she is very pleasant and then others... Well I was glad to get the pleasant.

I called my husband to tell him what was going on. He told me that all the other people that went through his engineer class have been setup as engineers and sent up to Wyoming to work. Mike still has a month to go before he gets all his trips in (long story). This is good and bad news. They told him before he started that it might take as long as two years before he would be working as an engineer, so it is good news that he will probably be working as an engineer right away. The bad news is that he will have to go up to Wyoming and run the next leg for "awhile." Not great while his wife is pregnant. He said there is a class behind him though with ten people for that leg and they have only sent seven people up. So that would make you think there is a definite end in site. I don't know. The fact the he won't be finished for another month is in his favor and then he has two weeks to work and then two weeks of vacation. We will have to wait and see. I am not to worried about it. Mike is, but we will make it work. As long as he is home by early July I can do this. It might be better. He won't have to suffer with me! We will wait and see.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I feel your pain about the sleeping situation; I am a back-sleeper and am trying to not spend all night on my back anymore. I start on my side but every morning, I'm face up! I used to love sleeping on my stomach but got out of that when I had all of my lap surgeries last year. I need to invest in a body pillow, too. I saw one yesterday at Bed, Bath & Beyond and it was only $10 but I want one that hooks around.
By the way...have you felt the baby move?? I am anxiously awaiting that but heard it usually happens around week 16!!!