Thursday, March 22, 2007

Looking up???

I gave the chair a try last night for sleeping, but I couldn't get comfortable. So I went back to the bed. It was just me last night so that always makes a difference. The body pillow really does help. I did fine. I got in the bed about about ten, went to the bathroom about midnight and didn't wake up until 0532 when the phone starting ringing. It was a fax machine, as it was at 0543, 0652, and then at 0703 it was a woman from my OB's office wanting to catch me before we went to work. Amazingly I went to sleep between each of these calls. That isn't like me. I had very little pain. Tonight I think I will just take the tyle.nol and only take the stronger stuff if I wake up hurting a lot. Mike is home tonight. Would it be mean to ask him to sleep in the chair?

Here is the very best part... I woke up HUNGRY. No nausea at all, just hunger. I waited a little bit just to be on the safe side and then I was only brave enough to eat a yogurt. Actually, for me eating dairy first is pretty brave, but you really don't want me to explain why. I ate it and was hungry again in about two hours!

I was so relieved that Mike was home early enough that he could take me to the doctor. I drove yesterday, but quite honestly, I wish I hadn't. It is only a 2.5 mile drive and traffic is very minimal. There isn't even a stop light on the way. I could feel it in my stomach when I made very wide turns and with the gas and the break. Mike took me and slept in the waiting room. I was in the back for less than five minutes. He ripped off the steristrips (and some skin) and told me he the incisions are going to look ugly for a number of months because he put the dermal stitches in deep due to the increasing tension. I told him I was a little worried about that since I am a bikini model and all. They won't scar well and that is fine, but I was concerned about them healing and staying closed with the upcoming changes in my body. We talked about returning to work and I told him I was really concerned about being able to do my job and my lack of energy. He said it might take me 4-6 weeks to get my energy back. He told me to just stop by the office and have a nurse stamp a return to work paper whenever I am ready!!!! Can you believe that! I can't take 4 weeks off. I need to have some time left to get some income when I am off for the baby. I am shooting on trying to work partial days on the third week, but I'm not going to push it. This isn't just my health I have to take into consideration. It is still weird for me to think that.

He said I had crystallized stones made from cholesterol in my gallbladder. Stones can be made of different things. That isn't the most common, but he said it isn't unusual. He also said that there is no doubt that would make someone nauseated and have that pain I had. He said my nausea may truly go away!!!! Dare I hope?? He said to give it about another week and whatever problems where gallbladder related will be resolved. I am going to take it one day at a time, but there is some hope that I won't throw up every day until the baby comes!!! I feel so optimistic, but if it isn't true I know I will make it. My voice is finally coming back. It isn't normal yet but it is so much better. Hope...

No comments: