Monday, April 02, 2007

7 Days!!

I am very pleased to say that I have not vomited in 7 days!! Who ever would have thought that would be something I would be celebrating? I am starting back to work tomorrow and I am scared. I keep having what could almost be considered anxiety attacks about it. I love the work I do. I love to the patients and most of the doctors. I am sad to say the number of coworkers I truly enjoy working with seems to be dwindling. I am not so much happy with how things are going with management. Having to deal with one person in particular is what has me so upset. It is amazing how difficult one person can make things. I just seem to have impaired coping at the moment. It has just been so nice to not have to deal with these issues.

My husband just got off the phone with his union rep and found out that raises have been negotiated. They don't know when they will go into effect, but it sounds like they have negotiated annual increases that are retroactive and continuing to next summer. They sound pretty good. Not good enough that I will get to quit, but maybe, just maybe, working part time might be a not so distant reality. I have some school debt that I feel like I have to get taken care of before I cut back too much on work, but that is getting better and better.

The rest of this week I am just going to do part days and I hope that works out. I still get tired awfully fast. I hope I am up to full days next week. My husband keeps being afraid that I am going to be put on bed rest and I don't know why. I keep asking him. Besides the rotten gallbladder and vomiting I haven't had trouble. I still have some cramping but no one seems to get to excited about that. I think he is just terrified of me if I have to go on bed rest.

I cleaned out my dresser and closet this weekend and then broke down and ordered a fortunes worth of maternity clothes. I figured I would have to return a bunch of it since I couldn't try it on, but I had to start somewhere. I don't need a lot of clothes but I certainly need some. I get up and go to work and change into scrubs and then change back into my clothes to come home. I can stand having to see the same few things over and over again if they fit. It did just dawn on me that I may have ordered all the pants too large. I ordered the same size I have bought in regular pants since I got pregnant not the same size I wore before. Oh well, I will have to wait and try them on. Crap! I was really looking forward to new pants. I suppose I can wait a little longer.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

First of all, congrats on hitting the 20 week mark!!
And I know ALL about how one person can ruin the whole office environment; I have the same situation here. I love my job but I've come soooo close to quitting all because of her. But, in the end, I know I'd regret letting her force me out of a truly good job...so I stay.
I just got quite a few maternity clothes this weekend, too! I stocked up on shirts, mainly, because pants are just too hard to find since I try to find Long length. Now the only problem is to not go overboard on the spending with these clothes since their time is short-lived. I have to face it that I'll probably wear the same five pants every week. Something I've noticed about maternity clothes is that you've got to get them quick. I saw a shirt on Old Navy a couple of weeks ago but decided to wait...now it's gone. Lesson learned!