Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My day off...

I have, or rather had, so many plans for my day off. I finally got my husband to clean all the gutters so now I can clean the flower beds that run 3/4 the way around the house. That was first on my list today. No such luck. It is 40 degrees (21 with the wind chill) and pouring rain. The wind is just ripping everything around. As a matter of fact I keep expecting the power to go out because of the wind. That is a problem on someone else's to do list.

The last time I got sick was two weeks ago today. This is probably the worst day I have had since then about feeling sick. I feel darn lucky about that. I can't imagine vomiting with my current predicament. I have been glad I haven't had to give it a try. Hopefully this to will pass this morning.

I am a procrastinator, but not like my husband. He is always "busy." Now I try to give him a break because of his insane work schedule or actual lack there of. But that can only go so far and then, well, I may nag. I keep trying to tell him that we need to get everything we need to have done before the baby comes in a timely fashion. We can't just wait until tomorrow or next week (like the damn gutters). I keep telling him that I don't have any idea how long I will be able to do some of these things. I never look forward to crawling around on the ground on my hands and knees but I know it has to be done and he won't do it. The larger factor is our house. Since we have accepted that there is just no way we will be living somewhere else before the baby is born we have a lot to do. I mean a lot. I went down into our basement (I don't like it down there) and looked around at all the shit we have. We have a storage room completely full and a room that I could never sleep in, but is a bedroom, that is also filled with stuff. Most of that stuff is from our wedding. There are presents we haven't been able to use and don't have anywhere to store, like in the kitchen. Decorations from the wedding I don't know what to do with. Lots of stuff. Sadly, some one just threw most of the stuff in the room and didn't try to put any rhyme or reason to it. So it is in mountains. Many of these items were in the nasty room one would call a family room when I went to my sister's house last fall. When I came back there was a brand new, top of the line bow.flex there in its place. Funny, I've never seen it used... To top it off the room I am currently in needs to be completely disassembled and some how reassembled down there, somewhere. "We" have our work cut out for us and I don't want to put it off for too long. I also don't want to do it at all. I do keep doing small things like a box here or a corner there. There is just so much stuff that we need to get rid of. I am not about to have a garage sale, but I suppose I should see if someone else I know is having one. I can't throw some of this stuff away and I don't know how you invite people to come over and look at your left overs.

I suppose since I can't work outside today I will work on some of that. I have to go to the bank and the courthouse and the bank again today. I don't want to do that. I went to see about getting my car registration changed after the wedding and they said to just wait until it was due or it would cost a bunch extra. It is due this month and they said I have to get the title changed to get the registration changed. I don't have a clue, I just know it will take time and of course money. They do so love your money. Oh well, at least it will be shelter from the rain. I suppose I should get started on tha since I don't know how long it will in fact take and how many different offices I will have to go to get it done. I just hope no one asks if I went to the dentist or says they can't understand me because I might come unglued.

1 comment:

Keeping The Faith said...

Yeah for a fun day off. We just put our house on the market and I had a similiar situation. We have a room that was designated 2.5 years ago as the nursery. Of course I wasn't getting pregnant so it became a room filled sky high with crap. Being pregnant and sick and trying to orgnanize a room isn't fun. It was up to me too b/c my husband works a lot of hours and just doesn't have the time. So basically I dug in...I spent an entire day doing it. I made 3 piles. One of stuff to throw out, one of stuff to donate or sell and another of stuff we want to keep. Then I bought a bunch of huge storage tubs and oraganized the things I wanted to keep in them. You label the outside and therefore can get to it when you want and it looks much neater than stuff that's just stacked on top of each other. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I found in there. As for the donate/sell pile...I don't do garage sales either although maybe it isn't a horrible idea. Would be nice to make some extra money. I just don't have the energy to oraganize that. So I called Salvation Army and had them pick up everything so I could at least get a receipt and write it all off on my taxes. You could also donate to a church or other community oraganization. I would just put on some good music, dig in and get it over with. Otherwise it just won't get done. Or divide the room in half so you don't over-do it. I know that I felt pretty good about finishing and having accomplished so much.

40 degrees (Yikes) That is cold since it's almost May. We're supposed to be 90+ degrees this weekend. I'll want to visit this summer when we're in the 100's and I'm melting w/ my huge tummy :-)

Good luck today. Hope you're able to get some stuff done with as little stress as possible.

-Faith