Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Yipee!!!

I am sitting at the computer and my husband is in finishing the walls in the bathroom! I am so happy about that. There is a draw back. I am more detail oriented, much much more. At this point I don't care that much. He still has trim and the rest of the cabinet doors to do tomorrow. I had gotten almost everything I could reach done except for touch ups and then I finally turned up pregnant. It already looks so much better. Now just the floor, and the baseboards. He thinks we should do a crown molding but that is because he doesn't want to be neat where the wall meets the ceiling. I have tried to tell him how much more work it would be to cut, install, and paint molding. What is he thinking? He thinks it will look more finished. I think the room is too small.

Now I have a serious issue. I have been looking at car seats and I don't know what to get. The more I look into it the more confused I get and the more afraid my husband will just buy something. I read the old consumer report on them that was inaccurate but I haven't read an updated one. We are going to end up needing three I think and I don't know if in the end what would be our best option. I want something safe and convenient but at the same time I'm not sure that I want to buy one that only goes to 22 lbs. We will see what happens but one of the things I actually have been expecting with this pregnancy is a large baby. I don't suppose if he is 7lb or 9lbs that is a whole lot of difference in the length of time we have a car seat, but I don't know what the hell I am doing anyway. I just don't want to mess up already. My sister has tried telling me about all these different types of strollers and crap but I am clueless. I want things that are safe and easy to use.

There is something I keep doing that I'm sure some of you are doing now too. I will be doing something like sitting and watching TV and I will think about how different my life will be in a year or six months or something. What will I be doing instead of watching these "stars" dance around the floor? I went for my acupuncture appointment today and I thought, now how will I do things like this in eight months (I better not still be needing the acupuncture for my face by then!!!)? Will I do things like this for myself? What will be important to me then? I don't do a lot of things for myself. I don't get my hair done very often. I usually only go get a massage if I am having serious problems. I don't ever go get facials, manicures or pedicures. What will I do? I don't know and it really isn't important, but I keep thinking about these things. I just keep wondering how life will be for us.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh my gosh, I am thinking like that ALL the time. I was beginning to feel a little guilty about it so I'm glad I'm not the only one. I usually have those thoughts at least once a day but especially on the weekends. Daniel & I have been married for 6.5 years but together for nearly 13 so it will be quite an adjustment to have two babies in our lives. Even when we sit down to eat at home I wonder if how long it'll be until we can sit down for dinner peacefully together again. And when we watch movies (which we do at least 2 times a week) I wonder when we'll be able to get through an entire movie once the kids are here. Of course, I totally look forward to the changes that we will make and I know someday we won't be able to remember life without them (somewhat) but I just want to make sure that we always make time for us as a couple, too.
As far as car seats and strollers, I am WAY confused. I bought the 9th ed. of Consumer Reports but barely got through the first few chapters. Boring and not specific enough for me. So I don't know what to do. We might go by Babies R' Us this weekend and try to get some help from their salespeople so I hope they know more than I do!

Carol said...

Consumer Reports is supposed to be coming out with their updated and corrected car seat reviews next month - so if you can hold out, it's probably a good idea to wait.

I bought the current CR book, it's ok. I also got the latest edition of Baby Bargains - the newest one just published this month - it's got tons of detail and has has really helped me start to make some decisions. I highly recommend it.