Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What?!? I can't believe my ears!

My husband just called. Well, texted for a bit and then called. His train hasn't moved in over three hours. You tend to get a bit bored when that happens I guess. Apparently it also makes you think about what you would like to name your unborn child. Tiger is getting a real name!!!! I had said a name one time while we were watching something on TV and I guess it stuck with him. I'm pretty sure he made a joke about it at the time. He brought up that name and another name that was on the list of 23 names I gave him to ponder. (he didn't take the list because it was next to his chair where I was sitting). I asked him if he remembered that the name he was considering was my grandmother's last name. (my mother's father died long before I was born and my grandma remarried at least five years later) That would be a nice way to remember, but that wasn't his intention because he didn't remember that. I like the name, but I am mixed because I am still very sad about the death of my grandma this January. I told him the three names I liked the best off the list and he mulled them over for a bit. Long and short, full and nick. He thought they were all pretty good and we could decided from those three. I told him I didn't want to disregard the other name since he felt strongly about it. It is an Irish name after all and that is pleasing to dad. I want to say we have narrowed it down, but that isn't exactly true. Now we HAVE a list to pick a name from. I guess he had to yell and stomp, but he did still hear what I said. I'll be...

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I am so glad to see that he's getting into it...it happens at the strangest times, I have found, but those times are SO worth it. I read your previous post, too, and hate that you are feeling that way! It's crazy how much I've cried just during the past month so I can relate...didn't know it was going to be this tough. But, just remember you guys are building a family and think of how wonderful it will be to see your husband holding your precious baby in his arms. We're all just nervous, anxious, scared, excited and doing what we know to do to get these emotions out,even if it's not the most ideal way. Sounds like you & I deal with ours the same way and our husbands, too!