Friday, June 29, 2007

OB appointment

I had my 32 week appointment today. I had the nicer of the two nurses that work with my doctor today. I like her. She almost always comes down and assists him in certain surgeries so I know her well. The meaner one only comes down once and awhile. She did voice her concern about my weight. I still think that is funny. I really thought I was going to have gained two pounds since my last visit, but I was wrong. I haven't been feeling very well the last three days and I think I haven't eaten much. I only gained 1/10 of a pound. That means the first three numbers have remained the same on the scale for the last four visits I think. I find this very hard to believe, especially when I look down or at my face in the mirror. Things look rounder than they were before in both cases.

We couldn't hear the heartbeat very well, but the doctor said he probably has his back turned more out and that is why. I was only slightly concerned for a second. When he first listened he only heard me and when he pushed around he got a faint beat for the baby. I know that he was busy all afternoon so it was okay. Too bad we couldn't hear better though because my husband went with me and he doesn't usually go. My blood pressure was the best it has been on any visit to their office ever, so they were happy because it has been something they have wanted to watch. I have told the doctor that whenever I take it, it is well within normal whereas when I go to their office it is higher than you want it. My blood pressure is obviously very reactive to whatever is going on and that isn't what you want to see. But that is how I am over all so it makes sense. I don't even ask what I measure because I'm not worried about it. I feel huge and he has been sitting low forever. I am scared to see how it will be when he drops.

We had a worm work its way through our hospital computer system last night when I was there again most of the night working. It hit more than 1000 computers in the hospital and then computers in doctor's offices as well. It didn't dawn on me that would be the case. I couldn't make another appointment because they can't access anything either. What a pain in the ass. We have become so dependant on computers for everything. My appointment was one of the last of the day. When I talked to the girl at the desk she asked me to call on Monday to make an appointment for my next visit and please keep trying if I have a problem getting through. She said she has more than 100 patients from today that have to call to schedule followup visits. That is a lot of people to come through an office in a day. Not every single patient that comes in has to make a follow up. We had to wait forever because he got backed up due to a delivery. You would think we would all be sympathetic to that wouldn't you. It drove Mike nuts, but it was nice for me because he was there to entertain me. I probably would have just gone to sleep if he hadn't been.

The nurse was concerned about the number of contractions I am having. She asked me to try and pay closer attention to them especially when I am at work. They still seem very irregular and totally vary in length and intensity. I haven't felt anything that makes me think I need to seek medical attention yet. She said I need to think about cutting back. I told her she knows my boss and I won't be able to cut back until it is a doctor's order. My boss carries quite a reputation. This nurse, of course, has direct experience with both my charge nurse and director so she should know how things work there. The doctor didn't seem too worried and just told me to call and come in if things seem to change. He said to come back in two weeks. I was all excited because I was moving to two weeks, but then he said he was going to be gone then so I was more than fine to stretch it to three weeks. I guess I won't be seeing any of the other doctors. I still think I will be having an induction so it will be my doctor in the end. I guess only time will tell...

I have 5 days off now!!!! I am so excited. Then I only work two and get another four days off. But then it will be a nasty stretch which I am still mad about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the decrease publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=smarty uninstaller pro 2006 1.6.1 ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg