Thursday, September 28, 2006

Are you CRAZY?!?

Mike got my car fixed and then changed the oil for me. I worked on making some tomato sauce out of the last of the garden tomatoes I was so nicely given this year. I LOVE pasta. I could eat pasta every day, or just about. Mike on the other hand doesn't have the same love. I say "let's have spaghetti for dinner" and that is a treat for me, but torture for Mike. I used to eat spaghetti once a week before Mike and I lived together and now if I have it once every three months that is a lot. So the point being, Mike came in the house after working on my car for hours and didn't want my pasta sauce so I said whatever you want.

We dropped off the car Mike's parents had so nicely let me borrow and then Mike and I went threw a drive through. This place was ridiculously busy and I wanted to get home for Grey's Anatomy, so I was a little pissy already. In the car ahead of us there was young woman and two kids. The boys were about 4 and 6 years old. The older one was sitting in the front seat and the younger one was behind mom in the back. Neither of these boys was restrained in anyway. Mom was on the phone the entire time. (Didn't even talk to the lady at the window). The boy in the back was hanging out the damn window! We were a pissed. The boy in the back was yelling at us as he was flopping out the window. I just can't believe people. It wasn't like she let the kids out of their seats, because they both should have been in booster seats in the back, since the line was so long. We watched her drive off with these kids roaming about. I won't even get into the traffic violations I witnessed. I can't relay how irritated we were with this situation. Mike was a fireman. He had to respond to car accidents. I take trauma call and have to come in and see what idiots can do to the human body. It is so frustrating because we desperately want our own child and here we see things like this. I had to put my window up as we waited because Mike kept directing comments to the car in front, especially after the boy in the back started yelling at us with his body out the window to mid abdomen. I did tell Mike he should call dispatch and he did, twice. I don't know if the police did anything (probably not) but we tried at least. Here we are without kids telling those with what to do. Whatever! Pull your head out of your ass, rip your phone away from your ear, and appropriately restrain everyone in the damn car. Are you crazy or just an idiot?

No comments: