Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Time

Time. I never seem to have any of it. I have a few minutes now only because I am on call and I can't be alone with Jake. I have to wait until my in laws are home and then go pick him up so I have to be quick.

We had an interesting Christmas. It was wonderful to get to see my family for once. The last time I got to spend a Christmas with my sister was seven years ago. My aunt finally made it to see Jake. My sister's visit was too short and my aunt's and mother's were too long. My aunt isn't doing at all well and it is very hard to deal with, especially because we have tried and tried to get her to get help.
It was wonderful to have a little someone to celebrate our Christmas with. Santa brought Jake this Cookie monster that he is way too little to play with. I think Santa really wanted to play with it himself! Poor Jake was a little overwhelmed by all the people though. We have all been sick. Jake and I just got it first and are getting better where as Mike got it a bit later and his is dragging on.
My nephews got to meet their cousin for the very first time! I think all of their other cousins have graduated from college already. Jake didn't hold their attention very long though. The younger two didn't mind playing with some of his toys though.

I hardly even recognized my aunt when she burst though a door and almost knocked me over. She had eye surgery and lost her very thick glasses so that is great. I knew she had gained some weight since I saw her last year at my grandma's funeral. I just didn't realize how much. I was shocked.
Jakey got a jumper for Christmas and he loves it. He loves to stand without one of us helping him. We were going to get him a saucer until they told us how much he loves the jumper at daycare. He has some figuring out to do still but he sure talks to it a lot!
I have so much to type. There have been a lot of things not going very well and I need to vent, but I need to go get my boy. Hopefully soon I can write.

No comments: