Thursday, January 31, 2008

bad call

Yesterday was rough. I felt horrible myself. Jake is still sick of course. I was on call yesterday and I worked a fifteen hour day when all was said and done. I got to come home and cuddle Jake and eat dinner. Then I had to go back. I got home just in time to nurse Jake and put him to bed. I was almost in bed myself when they called me back again. It was midnight before I got home and then I couldn't go right to sleep. It took a bit. I finally got to sleep and then Jake woke up. I went in and rolled him over and put his pacifier back in and he was sound asleep again. We did this three times in the mere 4 hours I had to sleep. Now I'm not sure if I feel awful because I'm sick or really exhausted.





Mike has now had to take care of Jake for two whole days. I was so worried yesterday because I was gone so long and it was their first day alone together for real. Mike even got some house work done yesterday and he was putting dinner in the oven when I got home. I was really impressed! I was expecting both of them to be screaming. Today, that is more like what happened and I got home early. I could have come home earlier and would have like to, but now with our recent changes in how they pay us, I would have taken a substancial hit if I didn't stay at work for more than half the day. Isn't that nice? You will all be glad to know that I was not providing direct patient care though. I was a "helper." That was good. I did help to. I stood there and listened while the nasty urologist vented his crazy perceptions of how we do things. I just got what he needed and did what was asked. I did run the board for awhile while the charge nurse was gone (that is always frightening to put me in charge!) I did a bit of computer work. The important thing is that I never sat around like some people do!





I suppose, I need to get help support one of my husband's addictions. Pop is on sale and he bought his maximum allowed amount for the day. I just go in buy it take it out to the car and go back in again. He won't do that. If they won't let him buy what he wants he pouts instead. Maybe he should just give it up. Did I say that? I guess of his two addictions this is the one I would rather he have.

No comments: