Friday, January 18, 2008

Long week

This week has been terribly long. I have had three late shifts and I just hate late shifts. I did handle it better than the last time I had three in one week but it was still hard. I spend too little time with my little Peanut. However, my little Peanut has been a bear this week!! He is working on tooth number six and it has him just pissed off. Daycare has always said what a good baby he is, one of their best, but the last three days they have said his has been really fussy. These top teeth seem to be worse. I hope we get a break with them soon. What four and half month old needs six teeth???

I took Jake in yesterday for his follow up doctor appointment. She gave him the all clear. He still has a bit of an occasional cough, but he hasn't had to have a breathing treatment for a couple of days. I was excited because this was our fourth visit for Jake to our doctor, but it was going to be the very first time she wasn't going to treat mom or dad. Wrong!!! She was talking to me and asked me how long I had had pink eye. Pink eye? What are you talking about, I don't have pink eye. Look in the mirror over there. Oh, for God's sake I do have pink eye! Two hours earlier it had been fine. Daycare strikes again, except Jake hasn't gotten it. Oh well, at least I was getting it treated before I even knew I had it!

Mike is out right now and his vacation will start as soon as he gets back. I have been dreading this. He is so lazy when he is on vacation and he ends up driving me nuts. I hate to come home from work, after having to pick up the baby, and then clean up after him. I just hate it and he is a huge slob. He really is. He keeps throwing in coat in the middle of the dining room floor. We have a perfectly good coat closet not five steps from where he dropped his coat. Anyway, I don't want to get started on that because I will go on forever! Lets just say I am counting the days until his vacation is over already.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Poor little guy!! I hope he can get some relief from his teeth soon.

And I totally agree with you on the hubby thing. Mine was just on vacation for 3 WEEKS and he drove me absolutely insane. He does the same thing with his coat, and the rest of his clothes too. Like throwing them in the middle of the bedroom floor when the laundry basket is just steps away. I don't get it.