Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The week drags on

I can't seem to get my energy caught up from working the weekend. I am so looking forward to a three day weekend this weekend. I just have to make it through tomorrow and it is going to be busy. I have 14 cases tomorrow. Most of them are short which is both good and bad. I still have the same things I need to do just in a shorter amount of time. It is good since there are so many. The last one is on the same trauma patient I took care of Friday and Sunday. That surgery will take a number of hours, but hopefully I will be gone by then because it isn't scheduled to start until after my shift normally ends.

The floor is down in my bathroom. It isn't quite what I hoped for but it is there. I had the understanding that the baseboards would be finished today and the floor would be sealed around the tub but that isn't true at this time. I guess his vacation isn't quite over. He is certainly pacing himself!

Mike got to feel the baby move for the first time the night before last. Tiger is usually very active as I am trying to go to sleep. Mike actually came to bed the same time I did and I thought I would give it a shot to see if he could feel it. When I put my hand on my belly I don't think I feel it from the outside but he could. His little eyes twinkled and he got so excited. Of course, when he first put his hand on my belly Tiger stopped. He was patient longer than I thought he would be and finally felt him move quite a bit. Then he turned to me and asked me if I wanted to have sex. I asked him why feeling his son move for the first time made him want sex. He didn't have a good answer for that.

I need to go walk my poor Molly. Our walks have been getting shorter and shorter. I am so tired when I get home from walking around at work so much I don't want to go for a walk at all. Poor girl, it is only going to get worse.

2 comments:

Carol said...

that's so neat that he finally got to feel the baby move! J is so anxious for that, but I think he's got quite a while to wait still.

funny about the sex thing though. :-)

Kirsten said...

Your story about Mike feeling the baby is practically identical to mine...except Daniel didn't ask for sex...what's wrong with me?!?!?! I think that was sweet though; maybe he was just overcome with emotion feeling the life that the two of you created...or he was just a typical man getting horny by touching a woman and being in bed!!! Could go either way but I'll vote for the first :) Our girls have been quite active but Daniel's only felt them really good that one time...all the other times I rush over to him and then they stop.
I have a 3 day weekend this weekend, too, and I am sooooo ready. I'm sick of sitting in this office.
Hope you have a great one!