Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Third trimester!

We have crossed over into the long wait until the end of our lives as we know it. I am scared and excited. I am worried about how much I want it to not be 12 weeks. Yet at the same time I know that Tiger and I really need 12 more weeks.

Lets take inventory.

* The only name my son has is Tiger. My husband still won't seriously talk about it. Okay, I guess I will name him then.

* I now sit in a room that is almost completely cleaned out of my things. (there are still a few like book shelf that I can't move, and two filing cabinets that again I can't move) Those items however, have been gone through and unnecessary items have been purged. Yet this room is still full of shit. I was aware before that most of it wasn't mine, now my husband is. He didn't believe me. I have almost emptied one of the ones in the basement and I have reorganized the other. I have quite a few boxes ready for a garage sale that my friends MIL is having this weekend. Now I just have to get the crap over there in the next two days around work and an appointment.

* I did get my husband to go with me and register at Tar.get yesterday. He goes a little nuts when he gets that gun in his hand. I was comparing two different products and when I turned around he had scanned like 20 things. How many bibs do we need?? Again when I was actually shopping for a curtain rod I heard the gun going off in the distance and he had a sheepish grin on his face. I had to do some deleting on line when I got home after that. He did come up with explanations as to how each of those items could be applied toward the baby. I thought it was pretty creative.

* I am still nauseated almost every damn morning. It is usually better by 8 or 9 on the mornings when I get up by 0530, but not always. I am still am vomiting 2-3 times a week. It is getting really hard to do. It is quite uncomfortable. I really hoped this would be gone but at some point it started getting worse again.

* I am currently undecided on what I am going to do about daycare. I'm not yet changing my plans. I tried to reach my friend last night to ask her the scoop but I couldn't reach her. I still have to find another provider anyway since we are on the waiting list. I have been asking around and have a few names of private providers right now to call. I am mixed about that.

* We still haven't purchased critical items like a car seat or crib, etc. Although we know when we are going to be ordering each of these items.

* I have only slight movements back in my face and it is still inconsistent. It is also very painful. I now get a lot of cramping and spasming. The muscles are extremely tight and it is now more difficult to talk than it was at first. Again, I am told that this is good muscle activity and I just have to wait. Yet all the doctors I work around and that take care of me seem disappointed that I haven't made more progress yet. At this point, I think I would rather have them all touch my belly than ask me to smile at them. I really hate flunking that test.

There is more, I'm sure but that is enough for now right?

2 comments:

TeamWinks said...

Oooh, husbands can be quite dangerous with those scanners!

Kirsten said...

Let the nesting begin!!!
Sounds like you guys are getting on the move with things...I need some of that energy :)
The gun was the only thing that saved me with our registry experience. Daniel wasn't too thrilled about the whole thing until I asked if he wanted the gun...then it all of a sudden became interesting to him!!!
I think we're going to order our cribs this weekend, too. It was a tough decision but I think we've finally made it.
I'm so sorry you are still battling nausea. I can't even imagine how that must be this late in the game. But, your in the third trimester now so you should be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel soon!!!!