Monday, May 21, 2007

Where is the manual?

I want to know where the manual to my body is kept. My poor body has had many issues over the years that I have managed to deal with just fine, but now I need a little help. I want specific answers and there aren't any. I can handle just about anything but I just would like to know to prepare myself. I like to be prepared. I like having all my ducks in a row. I know there will always be curve balls in life, but if you prepared for most things you can adapt.

Pregnancy has certainly thrown me for a loop. I haven't been able to prepare for anything. My body keeps throwing me for loops. Now I am just trying to figure out some of the normal changes and I want a manual that will tell me specifically what to plan for. In the very beginning when my breasts were so sore they also ballooned a bit. I ordered some new bras that I wasn't all that impressed with. Well then as I kept losing weight because I was so sick my chest deflated a bit and I have been able to wear my normal bras. It has been apparent to my for some time that I had to get something larger. I have been jamming everything in there and hoping the straps hold for awhile now. I problem is I can't just run to the mall and try on some new ones. One we don't have much along the lines of selection for stores and two I was already at the cut off, for the most part, for what our local stores carry. I suspect the nasty bras in the boxes go larger, but I'm not looking and I would guess that if I could bring myself to bra shopping at Wal.mart they may have some. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with buying your bras there, but those in the larger sizes tend to feel like they are made of canvas or burlap. So thank goodness for the online shopping yet again. But I don't know what to buy. I don't know how big these things are going to get. I want the manual to tell me how large they are going to get so I don't spend a bunch of money now if I am going to keep changing. I am scared to think about what is going to happen when there is nursing involved!

So I have been a DD since right at my 18 birthday. Where is Op.rah when I need her! My bras seem to fit just fine around, right now. I just need larger cups. Or am I wrong? I don't know. Partly out of frustration and partly because I really like this one brand and style of bra that is all I wear. I ordered three bras last week. I got them all the same size around and one cup size larger. There were two different brands in the three bras I ordered. Each of the bras fit differently. I like one and the other bra of the same brand is too small! I don't get it. The third one has a funky back and silicone on the straps that I don't really like. I kept the bra I didn't like very well that I ordered last time and that was a waste so I think I will send this one back. But I don't know what to do. I need to have more than one bra that actually fits, but how long will I be able to wear it? I looked at many that cost more than the ones I ordered, but these still cost $35-40 a piece. I don't think that is unreasonable but I know many women that laugh at that because they can buy fashionable bras instead of industrial. I think I will order another one exactly like the one I like. I have always worn white because it is the closest to my pasty white skin and it wasn't available in white so you can see the tan through the white shirt I am wearing today. Oh well. The other thing is that the sizes confuse me. I was hoping to never go over a DD because after that I get lost. There are DDD, DDDD, E, EE, F, and so on? Aren't some of these the same? I don't know. I need a manual. These bras are scary! I can't believe how big the cups and wires are and then to put them on and they fit. I am officially afraid of my own breasts! I am afraid to see how big they will get and then because what goes up must come down, I am afraid to see what they will end up looking like. If the manual could only prepare me!

The things I worry about... at least nothing else on me has fallen apart... yet.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Ironically, I am doing some web-shopping for bras tonight myself! But, unfortunately, it's not my boobs that are getting bigger, it's the width that's not working for me anymore. I wanted to rip my bra off today at work so bad, I felt like it was cutting into my skin!!
I'm not sure where I am going to look online though. Maybe Kohl's?? I used to live by one of those stores and they always had good sales on bras and a huge selection. Yep, I've seen the nasty box bras and some that are just waaaaay too big...surely there's something out there?!?!? (I'm a 36C prepregnancy...probably 38 or 40 now and might be able to fill a D). I don't want to spend much, either as I'm hoping to shrink down by year's end.
Let me know if you have any luck and where!!!!

Carol said...

I'm with you on the bra dilemna. I'm still squeezing into a couple of old stretched out ones, but I really need to buy some new, but I don't know what size.

I will confess to being 36 years old and still needing my mother to help me buy bras! She is coming to visit next month, so hopefully I can hold out until then and she can help me figure this out! silly, I know.