Tuesday, May 08, 2007

25 Weeks

Twenty five weeks. Wow. I has been so fast and yet the longest time of my life. I know another fifteen weeks will go quickly and still feel like an eternity. Make sense? If you are reading this it probably does. One hundred and five days to go to hit the magic 40w. I have almost broken the 100 day marker. I have so much to do still.

My mom is going to be so disappointed. I passed my glucose tolerance test just fine. Who has a mother crazy enough to wish gestational diabetes on their child??? Apparently me. I already told my sister that if for some reason I did end up with it that we would have to LIE to our mother. Thank God I have a sister to share this crazy mother with. If I didn't have her to vent to I don't know what I would do. She is the only person who truly understands. My aunt is close, but not quite the same. My aunt is the only person who can tell my mother to pull her head out of her ass and get away with it.

I was disappointed with my OB visit. I didn't feel like they were listening to me today. I think I was needier than they were expecting. This crap with my face has really taken an emotional toll on me along with the pregnancy hormones. I would really like to just hide in a hole for awhile and only come out when I want to. Well, that isn't going to happen! My doctor wouldn't write me a note not to have call anymore. I couldn't believe it. He wanted to write a note that limits the number of hours I work. He knows there is no one on Earth that has any control over what happens on any given day when you are on call. We know some of us are shit magnets. I said what am I supposed to do after 12 hours say sorry I know I'm on call but you are going to have to call someone else. That won't fly. It is all or nothing. That means I am going to have to talk to my boss because I really think I have some very valid concerns about my abilities and emergency situations. It is about me, but I am worried about the patient that I need to be caring for. I don't want to end up as the patient when I am trying to take care of someone else. I have seen that happen and it doesn't work well.

I gained a whopping 0.4 lbs from my appointment at 21 weeks. At least it was a gain I guess. I know the week after my face went out that I did lose because I didn't know what to eat, my jaw hurt so bad, and I couldn't drink well. The nurse harped on me about getting enough fluids. I really don't think she believes me about how much I drink. I was at their office for 1 hour. I went twice while I was there and then again when I was on my way out. Does that sound dehydrated??? No.

I now have a mattress and mattress covers for the baby. I didn't order the crib when told it was excluded from the free shipping offer I had because the shipping was half the cost of the darn crib. I figured it could wait until next month when we are back to having two regular incomes. I also ordered a changing table because the free shipping did apply. I made a decision on a stroller and I think my sister is going to very generously buy it for my birthday. I guess I will find out soon. She called and talked to my husband for awhile before he gave me the phone. He brought me the phone and then walked away from me into the house but not far enough for me to not over hear most of what he was saying. I might be wrong, but it was the same day she helped me pick it out. She actually got to go to a store and got to put her hands on it. There was the added bonus that my nephew tried it out and liked it. That didn't even occur to me. Some how I am doubting that my child will be able to last in this stroller as long as my nephew but he has been the biggest of her kids. He is a little more than three and half and weighs the same as her six year old. I still have a long way to go, but at least I am started. I have been working on cleaning out the office too. My silly husband seems to think that we will be able to keep the computer in here with the baby. I think he is funny. I did find someone having a garage sale that I can contribute to. It is June 1st and I am glad because my husband can't put it off helping me for long! Crap, I was going to go help first thing in the morning, but that is when they made my next OB appointment. Oh well, I guess. I don't think she was expecting my help. Anyway... must seek food.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Time is definitely flying by! I'm glad you passed the glucose tolerance test; one more thing to cross off the list!
I can't believe your dr. wouldn't write you a note??!?!?! That sucks but maybe your boss will be more understanding...I hope.
We're still crib and stroller shopping. It is ridiculous how much some places charge to ship. We did find a crib that we like, it's a convertible crib, but it's white and I'm just not sure about babies/toddlers and white. The stroller is a very tough decision for us since we have to get a double. Plus, we are sure what our family is going to buy for us so we're kind of holding out!!