Saturday, May 19, 2007

Another work week over!!

I woke my husband this morning with my retching. He hates it when I do that. How does he think I feel about it? At least it isn't every morning. He got mad because he could hear a dog on the floor in the bathroom. We want to keep them, more specifically their claws, off the new floor. I thought it better to have the dog in there with me than urinating on everything in the house while I couldn't do anything about it. Mike said I should have gotten him up. I told him I was a little busy at the moment.

My body won't let me sleep in at all. I marked some garage sales in the paper yesterday and I had decided that maybe I wouldn't go to them. However, it was apparently 0617 when I so rudely brought my husband to semi consciousness. I was dressed and had one dog walked by then. I figured I might as well go to the sales I had marked. I stopped at a few extras, but it took me almost no time at all. I spent a 75 cents and that just didn't satisfy my need for shopping. I was out looking for things for Tiger of course. So I headed over to Tar.get. Apparently it has never been an issue to me the opening time of the store before. I was there too early with twenty minutes to spare. I already stopped to get gas before heading that way. Holy cow, $3.35 a gallon! That is horrible. I thought it is ridiculous for me to drive all over town for nothing at that price. I decided to wash my car and then I thought maybe I didn't need to go look for something for Tiger. I did decide to stop at home.depot and look at the plants, just in case there was something I couldn't live without. I was still hoping for a few perennials for the from of the house. I got one larger plant and started home.

At the last second I turned and headed back toward Tar.get. I needed to look at the baby stuff while things were pretty quiet. I still haven't been able to get my husband out there to figure out what we need and get registered. I have bought many, many baby gifts now by my age, but when I was looking for myself it was very overwhelming. There is so much STUFF! What do you really need? How many of each of those things do you need? Which brand? What size? Good heavens it is scary. I was looking at diaper bags and there are so many different shapes and sizes. I keep asking my sister questions and I think she thinks I am trying to get her to give me her leftovers. She keeps telling me that she got rid of already and so forth. I am just trying to seek advice. I am glad that there are so many mothers of young toddlers and babies at work now. I keep asking them about bottles and diapers and this brand and that style. I think they all laugh at me. I just want to know if they have some lesson they have learned that I can benefit from without having to do it the hard way. Plus I really hate wasting money.

Diapers! I could tell you all the different name brands before this morning. I didn't know there were so many different varieties within each name brand. People haven't been telling me what variety they recommend, just the name brand. To be so overwhelmed and exhausted before 0930 in the morning. I did buy the crib set that I have had my eye on. Of course, since I was going because I wanted to buy something for Tiger I forgot the curtain rod that we desperately need for our bathroom and now I will have to go back. Did I say before that my husband suggested that I use clothe diapers? First, I told him that he too would be changing diapers and that clothe diapers weren't going to be working out for our lives. It is nice in theory but not very practical.

I am been in a bad mood all week. I needed to talk to my boss about a few things and I did that on Monday. Everything was going very well until the last thing I had to discuss. All of the first things I talked about were entirely work related. The last was about me. I told her my concerns about my being able to take call and she got freaking nasty. I mean nasty. She apparently doesn't remember anything about the last few employees that have been pregnant, she only remembers the ones back in the olden days. She said that "we" schedule women on call until they are in their last month and then they are usually too large to be able to move around very well. Okay, lady. I am telling you I am not moving around very well on these cases now. Second of all, I made the schedule for four years which included the time that the last two women on my schedule were pregnant. Now, they both had hyperemesis, but they were done taking call before they were 10 weeks. Both of them were off for awhile and they both came back, one of them back to full time and they didn't have to take any call. My boss is so stinking bipolar. She isn't of course, but it seems like it. I was supposed to drive across the entire state with her (just the two of us) on Monday and then back again on Tuesday, but sadly our trip got cancelled. I was not looking forward to it. I am still mad at her and she was nasty to me all week until Friday. She is a terrible driver and she was supposed to drive. My plan was to offer to drive so she could read. She is the only person in our department that is allowed to live more than 20 minutes from the hospital and she does. She is the only one that is allowed to call in because of the weather. Seems fair, huh? She lives on a farm about 60 miles away and we are all worried about her making the trip everyday because we all know what a truly horrible driver she is. Anyone at work who has ever ridden with her was terrified and fears for others when they hear they have to ride with her. I think I was more worried about the time spent with her than the driving since I am still mad. She isn't good with people.

I had three appointments that I canceled to go on this trip. Tuesday is my regular day off so I had made a perm appointment, an appointment with the daycare that I still don't know if I have a slot in or not, and a massage. I had to find someone to work for me on Monday and I explained to her what happened and said I would be happy to work again, but she said she would still be glad to work if I wanted to the day off. Let me think, YES!! Now I get a four day weekend! That is good because I have to work next Sat and I am the lucky one on Memorial Day as well. I was able to get a haircut appointment, and I couldn't get the director of the daycare on Friday but I will talk to her on Monday. I just hope it doesn't come off as flaky by canceling and then rescheduling. I just need to take my pathetic face down there and plead my case. I will have that spot!!!

I had numerous difficulties at work this week. It seemed like things weren't working in my favor. A piece of medical equipment that we needed got "lost" by one of the shipping companies. It had been overnighted to us and they couldn't even track it. It came a day late. But I had been able to work everything out for the surgery, but I don't know how many people where like concrete boots to my progress. It seemed to continue all week.

The good new is that the slight movements I had in my face are a little bit stronger. I have tremendous amount of ground to cover before it is even close to normal. With a lot of effort I can move the area round my dimple and over to the edge of my lip. A couple of times, I have had enough strength that the outer edge of the top of my lip moved. Yesterday, I was even able to see that the skin on the left side of my chin was moving when I was trying to move the area around my dimple. There hasn't been any further improvement in my nose. But in the last day or so it does feel like I have more muscle tone in my cheek and jaw and both my upper an lower lips on the left. I'll take the whole shitty week for those improvements. I never would have imagined how happy seeing something move just a millimeter would make me feel. The sense of accomplishment it would give me.

Speaking of accomplishments, here is the start I have on Tiger's baby blanket. It isn't too far along yet but it is getting there. I haven't crocheted anything in a really long time because I was having problems with my wrists and then I learned to knit. I have made about 30 afghans in my life and only two of them did I knit. It is faster for me to knit and it took me a bit to retrain myself to crochet, but since that is what I have done for most of them that is what I wanted for my baby. There were a couple of yarns that I had bought years ago that I had stashed away for myself "someday." This is one of them. I still love the yarn, but I feel a little bad because I have gotten used to using a different, better quality of yarn. I feel bad that I made so many blankets not knowing better and I still love the green, blue, turquoise, and lavender variegation. So, I will just have to wash it softer! I am a little over a quarter of the way finished according to the pattern. Sometimes I make them longer. I have enough yarn, but I don't know about time or if I am going to be able to tolerate handling the blanket in the summer heat as it gets bigger!

No comments: