Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday, Monday

This morning didn't start well, but other than that I am doing better. I got up a little earlier than usual because I fell asleep last night before 2100 and didn't get my lunch made. I went through my normal routine of going to the bathroom, opening the kennel door for the cat, opening the kennel door for Sparky and getting his leash on and we headed for the back door and I stepped in water. Our house is so crappy our kitchen isn't plumbed for a dishwasher and so we have one of the portable ones you hook up to the sink. Well, the drain backed up and flooded the damn kitchen. Dirty water every where. (I found out last night my husband poured at least of cup of fat from meat down the damn drain. Gee, wonder what happened there). I dropped the leash to get some towels to at least get a path through with the dog. In the mean time, Sparky decides he doesn't want to wait and pees on the water cooler. With my super sense of smell I immediately noticed and yelled at him. I got a path mopped up and took him out. I was really mad by then. Got him in and had to dry up the whole kitchen and clean the carpet while he ate. Then I had to take the next dog out. Darn good thing I got up early!!! I wretched my guts out in the shower and I had to wake my snarly husband up to take me to work because the battery was dead in my car. (I told him Thursday I thought my batter was about dead).

Luckily, the day got better from there. Since I didn't work Friday I didn't know my assignment for the day. Had I known I would have worried about it, but everything went just fine and we had HOURS of down time. I am better than most people about finding things to do so we were fine. My car is all better now. I called my husband and he said, now listen to this, "YOU WERE RIGHT. IT WAS YOUR BATTERY." I even made him repeat it. He messed with my car for hours yesterday (avoiding the few little things he needed to still do in the bathroom) and still wasn't convinced it was my battery until he woke me up a little after nine to tell me to go to bed. Even still he didn't know how bad it was. The battery was factory so it lasted a really long time since my car is a 2002. It fell apart as he was taking it out of the car. I was worried about him, but he said he was fine. He said battery acid went all over and when I got home I could see that it had. He had cleaner all over the place for it. It literally came apart in pieces and he showed me. I am thinking we shouldn't be messing with this or breathing anywhere near it, but what do I know. I was still told that I was right and I'm not the one that is the mechanic. (He gave me a whole list of other things it could be when I said I thought my battery was going dead, but again I was still right).

He was a major crab this weekend and was just nasty to be around. He greeted me Saturday morning by saying what the fuck are you doing. Nice! Love you too honey. He wouldn't go shopping with me when I needed help and then got mad at me when I came home and wasn't feeling well at all. He was cranky because his vacation was almost over and he didn't think he got to do anything he wanted. He thought the only thing he did was work in the bathroom. I didn't tell him that if he had really WORKED on the bathroom he would have had it done before the first week was over. I am smart enough to know better. He would have had it done had he really wanted to in three days probably. My in laws came over last night for a few minutes to look at the bathroom and my MIL was decent, almost nice. I think it is the first time she has been in my house since July. I'm not sad about that. We will see if that changes with the baby. I am not always going to drag my child and all of the stuff that must accompany him to go over to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Sounds like a Monday morning to me! My dog was home alone from 7:00 to 6:00 yesterday so I totally expected to walk into a mess when I got home (she's not kenneled) but, luckily, she was good. My Tuesday today feels more like a Monday...I am dragging.
I had to laugh when I read of how you were greeted on Sat. morning. I believe I've had that happen once or twice, too. Last night, Daniel didn't get home until around 11 because he'd been working out of town all day...well, I was happy to have him home so I gave him a big smile when he walked in and he just looked at me, gave a half-ass smile and walked into his office. I know he was tired because he drove a total of 8 hours that day but geez!!! I've got his babies in me, would a genuine smile kill him?!?!?! Gotta love 'em.