Monday, February 26, 2007

Something new

I discovered Saturday, after my first thing vomit followed by a coughing that I have a damn hernia. My groins, particularly the right side, have been very sore with all the abdominal muscle torture. I have been kind of paying extra attention to that. What I hadn't though about was my belly button. For some reason I had one hand on my stomach and the other over my mouth, like a good girl. Holy shit! What the hell was that?!? I coughed again, this time on purpose and sure enough there is an umbilical hernia. I was standing in front of my husband while I was doing this (before the coughing fit he was giving me sympathy for his child making me so ill). I pulled up my shirt and showed him. He freaked out. He grabbed his boots and was trying to take me to the hospital. I laughed and then he freaked out more. It is little and I will talk to my doctor and a general surgeon when I go back to work. I don't know what we do. It goes away, but with my belly to grow that would put more stress on the muscles and make it larger, therefore increasing the possibility of having an incarceration. I don't know. I'm not going to worry about it yet. I am more concerned with the idea of anesthesia during pregnancy, which is less risky than it used to be. Anyway, I know too much and yet not enough about these things.

We had a beautiful weekend. Well, we had our usual horrendous winds, but it was nice other than that. I need to get outside and get some work done in the yard. My husband thinks I won't be able to do anything by the time April gets here and he is all worried about finding a kid to hire to help me with flowers and stuff. He can sure be an ass a lot, but other times he is so cute I could just pinch him.

I took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and went to open houses. This apparently, was the same idea everyone else in town had. Some of the houses were so packed you couldn't look at anything. Most of the people seemed to bring there entire extended families. Mike won't go with me and that is fine. (I just posted on Mike and shopping. It isn't a good thing). I'm not going to live in a house that he likes and I don't and I do take him into consideration when I looking. He will come with a realtor for the condensed viewing. If we have five houses on the list I bet he will be done by the third. He is so funny. Comparison shopping means nothing to him.

I am hungry enough that I have started cooking again. I almost forgot that I like to cook. I have an obscene cookbook collection and I even got a couple out and made a shopping list and got all the ingredients. I have even made a couple of the recipes so far. I still can not stand raw hamburger. Not the look or smell. I bought some and I bought some bulk sausage. I couldn't do the sausage either. I had to open the doors and windows when Mike cooked it too. We went over to my in laws for dinner Saturday and Mike ended up cooking because both of his parents didn't feel good. Sadly it was too windy to grill, so he had to cook hamburgers inside. That still grosses me out. They sure tasted good though.

I am going to get my hair done in little bit and I am so looking forward to it. I'm going to end up missing a meeting at work that was rescheduled for today from last Monday. Well, I was all ready then, but I had this appointment for my day off. I don't really care. However, I have to make so many of these meetings or I stand the chance to have a 3% raise taken away next year. That would suck, but they changed the damn meeting. At this point, while I still have the money, I would rather get my hair done. I was told I didn't have to wait until after the first trimester to get highlights, but I wanted to wait until I was feeling better and thought I could make it through without getting sick. I hope that is the case. My hair is really depressing me. It reminds me how old I am getting to be. My hair used to be pretty blond with lots of highlights I didn't have to pay for. Well, it just keeps getting darker as I age and I don't like that. I got very little from my dad's side that was good, but the one good thing I did get was lasting color. I don't look too hard, but I don't have any grey hair, yet. Now that I am pregnant and will have a baby, I'm sure that will change. But still, I will be happy with a new set of highlights.

No comments: