Sunday, February 18, 2007

Almost 14 weeks

After my ultrasound Monday, I have finally felt better. I actually felt hungry. I know I needed to see the baby and see that everything was fine. I think that has helped my emotional well-being. I also know that this Tuesday marks 14 weeks (I don't know why the counter is off, I should just change the due date). I am a worrier and that is what I do. If there is anything or anyone to worry about I will. If I care about you at all I have worried about you, probably for nothing, but I still have.

I am still vomiting in the morning, but I don't feel sick the entire day. That is so wonderful! However, everyone around me has been sick, very sick. I had managed to escape this which I thought was miraculous, because I have a crappy immune system (might fit with the worrying). I thought maybe, just maybe, the baby was giving me super strength. Wednesday my number was up. I am still hoarse much of the time (which is also part of the illness) but it usually starts getting better about mid day. It didn't, and then I started coughing. Of course, I was on call Wednesday and had to work until about 2030. By then I had a fever and was crabbier than hell. I felt really bad the next day for those who had to work with me. I apologized, but I didn't want to be around me that night. So Thursday I was worse. My cough was now productive and I was lethargic at best. But, you don't call in sick to my job. I didn't get to go home any early at all because the day was so busy. I did however work with my OB so he witnessed my illness and took pity on me.

Anyway, I had my second OB appointment on Friday. I got a concerned lecture about something I NEVER thought I would hear in my life. (I know I will be getting the opposite lecture soon enough). They are concerned because I have lost 10 pounds since the day of my positive pregnancy test. I have be sick! I did lose 4 pounds from Monday to Friday. I told him I haven't been able to eat much with the crap I got. I have been drinking insane amounts of water because it helps with the coughing, and I eat what I can, but I know it has been not a lot. I laughed and told him it was only a temporary problem. I said look at me, do think this is going to be an ongoing issue. He didn't have anything to say. He did give me some antibiotics though and I must say, I do feel a lot better. Most people have this crap for about three weeks and I am sure hoping that won't be the case.

No comments: