Saturday, February 24, 2007

New world

This week has brought about some interesting new journeys for me. I have started looking at and for baby stuff. I think I have overwhelmed myself a little. I freaked out a couple of times. Who knew there were eight million different car seats and so many different kinds of cribs it is ridiculous. I am holding out for the crib that converts into printing press so I can make enough money to pay for all of this stuff. I am looking at stuff and I ask my sister questions and then she tells me about a whole other line of products that I hadn't even seen. I just want someone to tell me what I need. Exactly what I need. No choices, buy this. I can't involve my husband too much because he can't handle this stuff. I have to do the research and come up with two or three things for him to "help" decided on. He sees me freak out and he threatens to "just go buy something." Oh what a disaster that would be! We are definitely different kinds of shoppers and you wouldn't believe with the crap he can come home with!

I still have a terrible cough and virtually no voice. There are probably some at work that think that latter of those two is fine. I don't care. It still burns to breathe but there is no infection. My muscles are sore from my neck to my pubis from coughing and vomiting. I actually didn't start my day by throwing up twice this week! Two days in row as a matter of fact! If I could just get well, I might feel like a person again. I managed to gain two of the four pounds I lost last week. I'm still surprised about that. I thought I would pick those right back up.

People are starting to drive me nuts though. I can't wait until I have my next ultrasound and the baby had better cooperate. Everyone is now telling me their theory on what I am going to have. I don't like that. There is only one that I am curious about because I have seen others go through it. I can't tell you how many women tell me they were only sick with their girls. I personally have only witnessed one exception and she had HG and that doesn't count. What have you heard on the matter??? I know all I really want is to have a healthy baby and healthy pregnancy. That is what I say and know to be true. I really want a boy, first. I don't know why exactly, but I do. Growing up, my family was almost all female. I had two male cousins and they were my only blood male relatives. I had two uncles that were married two my aunts and a step-grandpa. I wanted a brother. I suspect I also have a deeper psychological reason that I am don't want to even acknowledge. Anyway, would I be happy with a girl? Yes, but there will probably be a little bit of disappointment. I have a ton more experience with girls and they are more fun to shop for, and I do want a girl, I just want a boy first.

I guess I am just happy I am having a baby and that is all that is and should be important. Back to people... One of my friends now thinks she can touch my stomach. I must confess I do like touching pregnant tummies and feeling the baby move. BUT there are rules. I wouldn't consider it if it were not a very good friend. I don't do it unless it is the third trimester. Most importantly I ask first. Usually I won't do it unless she brings it up - says the baby is really pushing a foot out right here. Okay, so my friend is now touching my fat stomach. I tell her that! You are just touching my fat belly, there is no baby there. She did it three times yesterday and only stopped when I reached over and rubbed her fat belly. I think she got the picture. Was that too bitchy??

No comments: