Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Let it snow


You can't see the flakes falling in these pictures but they are relatively large. We are supposed to be in the middle of a huge storm. Last night they said 16 - 22 inches. I don't know what the updated report is yet. We have had hardly any snow this year at all. Now everyone is freaking out. Much of our community is just shutting down. That is great for all of us that work at the hospital. Daycares are closing, roads are closing, some of the schools closed of course. Put we still have patients that need to be cared for. The last time we had a big storm my husband was home and came and got me from work. That time my boss was trying to keep everyone because she was worried about how we would staff the next day. Today she was worried about how she could get people home and if they had any problems trying to get to work tomorrow to TURN AROUND AND GO HOME. I don't understand this woman. I got chewed 0n in the process of trying to figure out who goes where because I was covering for the charge nurse while she was at lunch. I get so confused by this woman. Today I got mad, then upset. I could see that my hormones were taking over, but I couldn't do anything. I felt like I had no control. That was great. My fuse seems to be shorter. I don't want to be know as the "angry pregnant lady."
Anyway, we had about six inches of snow when I got home. The picture of my car is after being home less than 10 minutes. I'm not looking forward to the morning. There is no snow removal in my neck of the woods. The county will sand a busy 4way stop by Friday I would think. We will see. My husband was freaked out about leaving me to go to work. I don't know when he will be back. The trains always slow down when the weather is bad... At least it finally feels a little more like Christmas.

No comments: