Friday, November 10, 2006

You want me to what?!?

This week I went to preop to get a patient to take back to surgery. The man was 50ish and no teeth. He was hard of hearing and was speaking loudly to me. When I asked him what his surgery was going to be he told me and then he said something very quiet. I asked him to repeat himself and I leaned in to hear him. What I thought he said was "will you save all of my pubic hair for me?" I said "I'm sorry???" He then explained to me that he had a inguinal hernia repair 3 months ago and only part of his pubic hair had been shaved. He wanted to know if I would shave all of his pubic hair because he thought it would be less painful growing back. I don't know about that, but when the surgeon came in and saw me clipping all of this man's hair he said I didn't need to do that. I then explained the patient's discussion with me. He laughed and still thought it was perverse.

No comments: