Saturday, November 18, 2006

"Sure, I'll do it"

What was I thinking??? I agreed to have Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year. There won't be many people, probably just my mom, aunt, husband, and me. It was still a bad idea. The bathroom isn't going well, the one bathroom our has. We are having problems with joint compound stuff. Long story - husband, father-in-law, husband still trying to fix it. Can't paint until it is ready, right? Great! I am on call Wednesday so that day is lost. I still have to clean the whole house. There is dust from the bathroom everywhere. The stuff to work on the bathroom is clogging the hall. All of our things from the bathroom are in the dining room. (old and new light fixtures, contents of the cupboards, curtain rod and shower curtain, shop vac, etc). This is not going to work well. My mom is one of those people that looks down her little nose at you about your dirty or messy house. Right now mine is both. My in-laws decided to "stop by" and see our progress, two minutes after husband had just started to settle down about joint compound and FIL. The dogs had just calmed down and then there they are :( FIL stirs up dogs and tells husband how he is doing everything wrong. MIL tries to find a place to stand out of the mess and stay away from offending cats. Meanwhile, I am working on emptying dishwasher and fixing dinner. What have I done?

Thanksgiving will be served in a mess. We will end up eating outside at the OLD picnic table and you will just have to help yourself to nature when you feel the call. This is going to suck.

No comments: