Friday, November 03, 2006

Why?

Why don't some people just shut up?!? Pretty much everyone I work with knows that I want to have a baby, like now. This week when I had the flu (that five other people at work had!!) I had fifteen people ask me or accuse me of being pregnant. Then question me when I said it was really a bug. Do they not realize that every time someone reminds you that you aren't pregnant it hurts? It justs digs it in a little more? There are 3 women in my department that are pregnant and a male coworker's wife. I can think of eight babies a year and under in the department. This is great for them, but I am all about me right now.

One of my very good friends just wouldn't shut up about it today. I thought I was going to physically harm her to shut her mouth. I ended up taking a patient to the recovery room so I was able to abandon the conversation. I was mortified. My "friend" was caring on about what I needed to do to get pregnant and what "we" were going to do to get me that way. I was so embarrassed. The conversation she was caring on, with out my consent, about my fertility involved two of my male coworkers that are my age. It made me so uncomfortable. Most of the men in my department are old enough to be my father. Besides, both of these guys have kids under the age of one (one has twins). I feel bad enough about all this as it is, I don't feel like anyone else should know my business unless I decide to share it. I kept telling her to shut up and that I didn't want to discuss this now but it didn't help. I don't seem to have any control over my fertility and I don't seem to have any control over who knows about it. I just want to scream and cry.

No comments: