Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Long Drive

I am going pick up my aunt at DIA tomorrow morning and drive to Albuquerque. I did this with her two years ago and it was great fun. This time, however, my aunt and uncle are getting a divorce. Their 30th anniversary was to be this January. Actually, their divorce won't be final by then. The whole situation is very odd and I don't understand it. I also don't want to hear about it for seven hours or however long it will take and then for the next week. I love my aunt dearly, but I am...apprehensive about the experience. I am greatly looking forward to the Balloon Fiesta. This will be the third time I have gone. I love it. One of these years I want to ride in a balloon.

Happy Birthday to my poor grandma. She was a very important person in my life. I am so sad to not be able to share things in my life with her. She is rotting away in a nursing home with terrible alzhimer's. She missed her entire retirement. She was going to travel with her sister after my grandpa passed away. She never got the opportunity. She is the third person in my family to have this disease. She was not a blood relative to the others. I am praying the vaccine that is on the horizon will be here soon...

No comments: