Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Babies

This handsome young lad is my nephew, Ben. He turned three this August and is on his way to preschool the day I left my sister's house. Ben looks a lot like his dad, but upon first glance looks the most like my family of my sister's sons. It is his coloring - the blue eyes and the light hair. He doesn't have the freckles yet, but I am sure they will come.

That morning Benny came into the room I had been sleeping in while I was packing. It was, after all, his playroom. I was letting the air out the mattress I had slept on and he asked me why I was doing that. I told him I had to go home that day. He said that they blewed that up for me and I just got there. I told him that it had been almost a week and I had to go back to my house and my job. He asked me where I worked and I told him a hospital in Nebraska. He said he couldn't come visit until he grewed bid. I reminded him that he came and visited me in July. He told me I would be back to visit him on Thursday or Friday. I adore my nephews. I have really enjoyed them all at Ben's age. I just hope and pray that I will get to experience it first hand.


Right now I am one of those people that is obsessed with their pets. Our baby Sparky has grown so much. I bought a little stuffed pheasant and goose for the dogs. They had large ones but they were pretty pricey and I didn't know how the birds would go over. I was surprised how much the dogs liked them. Molly was especially in love with the little pheasant that could fit in her mouth. So I went back and bought a large one. Molly could care less, but Sparky loves it. He drags this thing around that is about as big as he is.

I just hope this isn't where it ends for us. I love my dogs dearly, but I want real babies. I talked to one of the doctors I work with last week and got some hormones. Taking them won't help me get pregnant, of course, but there is some concern that I may not have enough progesterone to support and maintain a pregnancy. That makes me feel a little better. Of course, I'm still not pregnant... yet

No comments: