Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Poor boy!

Jake is sick again. He has a sinus infection and bronchitis. I took him to the doctor on Friday and his symptoms got a lot worse after! He hardly ate all weekend. He drank tons, but literally only had a few bites on Saturday and Sunday. I worked 21 hours on Saturday so Jake and Mike were home together. At least for Mike's sake, Jake slept a lot and didn't do much since he was so sick. He also has had a fever since about two hours after we left the doctors office. It sadly worked in my favor Sunday too. I needed sleep and Jake and I laid around and napped together a good part of the day.

Yesterday I was off and Jake was doing a bit better. I was really glad to be off though because he still had a fever and they won't take him with a temp over 100. This morning his temp was down to 100.1 before any fever reducers. They told me he would be okay to go to daycare and when he gets tylenol he is back to himself. It was good to seem him play yesterday after he has really not been doing much. He has been very smugly which is nice.

But since he doesn't feel good, he needs comfort. And to him that means he wants to nurse. He has been almost assaulting his poor old mom! I feel bad for him, but I don't have anything to offer. I just snuggle him and rock him.

I kept thinking they would call today and tell me I needed to come get Jake. They never did. I hope the same goes for tomorrow, because I have no back up! Today I had two. He threw up on me tonight but I think that is because he gagged when he choked on a piece of food. He was eating off my plate and so he threw up ALL OVER ME!!! I didn't get sick and I am so proud of that.

No comments: