Saturday, February 21, 2009

Luck ran out

Well, I have been fighting it, but I am sick. I am miserable with the usual crap. Sore throat, congested, swollen nodes in my neck, cough, aches, lethargy. Ya know, same as everyone else. It took a lot longer than it usually does for me to get sick so I can't whine too much. Poor Jakey is still sick. It was two weeks ago yesterday that I took him in. He is better, sort of. His cough is still bad. He is still coughing, getting junk up and gagging and then the vomiting. So much fun!!! One night I had to clean up his bed twice! Poor guy. We go to the doctor again Wednesday. It is supposed to be for his 18 month check up. Wow, where his the time gone???

Aside from us both feeling a bit crummy today, we had a good day. I really love spending time with him, even if it is trudging through the super center early in the morning to beat the crowds. Jake slept all night last for the first time in awhile. We had a bad week for sleep, which is why I think I finally got sick. We had three nights in a row where mommy got about four hours of interrupted sleep. Not good for trying to work. But anyway, we had a good day. We played and cuddled and took a snooze in the chair. I just love being his mommy. Too bad it didn't pay better, then it would be perfect. I know I would still be pulling my hair out but it would be different.

Jake loves his new room in daycare. I go to get him and he doesn't want to leave. If I get there a little later than normal I catch them playing. They run and run and run around the basement chapel. It is basically a small gym. The room is empty except for a few things for the kids to play on. What I mean is that there aren't any pews or chairs or anything. He just loves to chase around with the kids. I see him and he is the littlest but he doesn't know that. They do a lot more structured activities than his last room of course. The teacher told me she can't believe how well he is doing. They do flash cards and he will repeat every word she says and pays attention to the cards. I have really noticed how much better his attention span and concentration are. I told her he repeats almost any word he hears or at least he tries. She said he does better than several of the kids that have been in there all year and are six months older. Well, maybe they are bored and it is new to him, I don't know. But I do know that his communication is getting better. He still gets frustrated trying to tell you something, bit it is a lot better.

I suppose I need to go to bed. I don't know what the night will bring!!!

No comments: