Monday, January 05, 2009

Precious moments together

I just can't believe how fast time passes! I was watching Jake run around the living room tonight and it just made me all teary. My little baby was running and giggling. He does things that just crack me up. He says cracker whenever he is hungry and we will go to the cupboard that contains food that is safe for him. I will let him stand on the counter and he will pick out what he wants and he will take three fourths of contents out and then start putting them back. He just loves this. I hold something up and ask if this is what he wants and he tells me no. He is so good at that no as toddlers are! Gee I wonder why! I just love how he runs up and hugs my leg. I LOVE the hugs. He gives the best hugs and still the big open mouth kisses. And he is so generous with them!

But what really amazes me is how fast he seems to learn and what he knows. He loves to rearrange the chairs in the dinning room and you tell him to put them back and he puts them exactly where they go. He is meticulous in how he places things. He loves to stack things. He was stacking boxes of oatmeal and a box of darn tampons (I just couldn't take pictures because of that) He was stacking them taller than himself. Of course he took great pleasure in knocking them down. I say something to him and it surprises me that he understands and follows the directions I gave him. I just love it. I just love him so much it hurts sometimes. It is terrible that sometimes when I am going to bed I hope that Jake will wake screaming so I can bring him to bed to cuddle with me. I am so thankful I have this little man in my life.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

The other night, Daniel told me how he just loves to sit and watch the girls play just to see what they will do. They got a play kitchen for Christmas and it is so funny to see how they are already trying to figure things out. They'll put the dishes away...sometimes in the oven, but they still know to put them away!
And, yes, hugs are the BEST. My heart flip-flops when one of my girls comes running toward me with a big smile and open arms. I want to record every minute!!