Sunday, January 18, 2009

I did it!

With a lot of help, but I finally joined the rest of the world and got my layout changed! I am so excited. Why this excites me so, I'm not sure but it does.

How is everyone doing? We are hanging in there. I am doing pretty well with making a "life style change" and not just going on a diet. Weekends are the hardest for me and yesterday I don't do so well, what with that take out Mexican and about a gallon (not really) of margarita just for me. I know it is going to take a long time but this is my life we are talking about right? And since I started the family a little later than some I sure want to be around to enjoy it. My mom "stopped by" yesterday and Jake and I stood at the door and waved as she walked out to her car. It took FOREVER! She needs to have both of her knees replaced. The arthritis was made worse by all the years of being so over weight. She has lost a few pounds in the past couple of years but it was too little too late. I may have damage already but I can certainly do my body a favor now.

So I waited and waited to change Jake's diaper after breakfast this morning. He usual poops right. He hadn't. I needed to get him cleaned up because he had been doing his own hair for long enough with his banana and oatmeal. I tried to clean him up. There was much screaming and kicking at mommy. I didn't give him a bath because we do that before bed. What I did came close to rinsing his head under the sink to get the glumps of food out. He got a half shower at least. Anyway, I no more than set him down on the floor from dressing him and he FILLED his diaper. Why does he do this? He does it all the time. Just like he poops and you change him and he immediately pees. I think he thinks it is a game! Oh well. He is just helping me get some exercise by running away so I have to chase him to change him again.

We were up early this morning. Jake is frequently waking up twice a night! Dear God, help me. He is hungry or at least wants some milk. He doesn't just want a drink either, we are talking 6, 8, 10 oz of rice milk. I'm not sure what to do. It isn't like I can ignore the screaming. It isn't just crying but screaming for milk or juice. I don't give him juice that is just what he says. So anyway he was ready for a diaper change at six this morning and so we were up for the day. He climbed over me and gets down off my bed. My bed is very tall and he can very confidently slide his way down. He says "no no" and hands me my glasses off my night stand. That means "get your butt out of bed Mommy!" So I did. We got up and changed him and he didn't want to eat but to sit and cuddle. I can handle that! So we sat and watched infomercials because that was all that was on. I don't know what they do but they are like crack. I would never order anything I saw on tv any other time of the day except early in the morning. They truly seem to suck my brain out. I don't get it. I want to know if they have the subliminal messages every however many frames or what. Anyway, we got to watching this Your.Baby.Can.Read. Has anyone seen it? Has anyone tried it or knows anyone that has? I was glued to the screen. They never said how much it actually cost - for a reason! I went to the website and it is $200! The awful thing is that I am still thinking about it, wondering if I should get this. If it really works than it would be totally worth it. Then the rational part of me is going, hello? how many times have you gotten sucked into one of these early morning wonders and bought something? The answer is twice and neither product was all that!



So there was our morning do that Jake worked so hard on. Let me tell you about my Jake. He has gotten to be a bit of a pipsqueak. I am a terrible mother and I didn't take him in for his fifteen month well baby visit. Why? He had two other check ups that same month and it didn't seem necessary. They each weighed him and said he is now small but he is continuing to gain weight and is healthy so they agreed he didn't really need another appointment that I would have had to pay for out of pocket. I think our well baby check ups are insanely expensive too. The office charge for the ENT and the allergist added together didn't cost as much as a well baby visit. There is something seriously wrong with that. He will go for his 18 month though because he needs more shots. We got a little off with our shots since we went in too early for his year shots and made them up a little later. They told me that was fine. Good thing because most of them are out of pocket too. Does anyone else have that problem with their insurance? They will pay for the administration of the injection ($41 per injection - I should be giving shots all day) but not the drug. That doesn't seem right to me.
Anyway, my "little" ball of energy is something. He talks up a storm. He repeat almost any word he hears, but his vocabulary seems to be multiplying everyday and he is becoming more and more understandable. He doesn't say pants or jammies but he says socks, shoes, shirt, coat. He likes "sh" a lot. He says all done, more, thank you, cup, Mommy now not just "mama", grandma, grandpa Bob, Jojo (name of my friend) kitty, puppy, doggie, baby, bath, that, this, trash, phone, danger, hhhottt and of course no no, owie, and uh oh. He tells you nite nite when he is ready to go to sleep. He still asks for booboos (meaning he wants to nurse) and says more I cant remember. He brings me his coat and tells me bye bye when he wants to go outside. He is just a ham. He is still terribly bow legged. He doesn't climb up much (other than stairs) but he does like to get down independently. He wants to walk to the car everyday now when we leave daycare. It is so much fun. I just can't believe how fast it is all going. I have put away his 12 month pants because they were getting tight in the tummy and a little short but 18 month are huge! He has been wearing 18 shirts and onies for quite awhile. He is still wearing his 12-16 month shoes but they will be too narrow soon. The 16-20 month are just still clown shoes when he is trying to walk or run. He eats most of his food with a spoon and not his fingers now. He almost always uses his right hand. He doesn't seem to have a firm attachment to any toy or blanket or anything. I gave him a bottle to give up the boob and we are trying and failing to give up the bottle. He only gets it at home and from grandma but I'm taking hers away this week. I think she would give it to him forever just because she likes it.



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have seen the Your Baby Can Read stuff too and have wondered about it. It seems to me that it is more memerizing...did I spell that right? hmmm...anyway, it is spendy but I agree...if I actually knew someone that tried it and said it was worth it I would probably cough up the dough. I meant to ask my pedi about it at the last well baby visit, but I forgot. Let me know what you hear about it or if you try it.

Linlee said...

Love the new lay out.