Monday, January 12, 2009

Good morning

I am exhausted. I had a very nice three day weekend. I did try to do a lot, but not enough of course. Mostly I am exhausted from Aunt Flo's last visit. She didn't come for a week. She moved in and stayed for 29 days. No one wants any kind of visitor for 29 days. I talked to nurse midwife last week and she said not to worry. I told her I thought I was going to die and she said this wasn't uncommon. Holy crap!

I sit typing from my "new" laptop. My SIL and BIL felt the need to upgrade their laptop. They are only three years old and Mike volunteered to buy them. It is kind of handy to sit in the living room or at the table and be on the computer and Jake can just play away. We already had wireless so we didn't even have to upgrade that. Jake caused a lot of trouble in the office. It also makes it easier once (if) we need to move the office down to the basement to use the bedroom for say a crib. I haven't put any pictures on here yet though so I don't have any to post.

I am working on cleaning up my life. That means myself and my surroundings. I have been trying to purge some of the crap from our house. It is hard for my husband but there are so many things we don't need and I feel like they physically weigh me down. There is the other issue. I am going to work on lightening myself and shaping myself up. How much weight do I have to lose? A lot. I decided that I am going to tackle it in 12 pound increments. Why? Twelve is my lucky number so that is where we will start. So here is to twelve fewer pounds on my rear (or pretty much anywhere else)!

I have also been working on trying to find food for Jake to eat. I must say this is horribly frustrating. Of course we have our allergy restrictions so that is extremely limiting. I am working hard to try to get meat into him. I have recently been able to get small amounts of hamburger and ground turkey into him. He seems to like it a bit spicy so I can handle that. But I am still frustrated. I am going to have to pack lunches for him to take to daycare everyday once he stops eating baby food once and for all. I am tired of baby food. He doesn't eat it much for us but that is still what he takes at daycare. That helps me because I know I am not giving him the same thing he ate there. Plus it means it takes longer for him to get bored with what I am giving him!

Apparently I have to go to work today so I have to go. I have been trying to find out about a huge layoff by the railroad in Nebraska and I haven't found out yet. Mike thinks he will be safe but it will be very close for one of our friends and every cut puts Mike closer and closer to the bottom.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

29 days!?!?! What a pain!! I think my record was about 20 days or so back when I on Lupron.
That's great that you got a laptop; makes things so much easier!
I think working in increments on your weight is a good idea...I might even have to try that! So do you reward yourself each time you reach the goal? I thought about doing something like that...going for a pedicure or something.
We just recently did a big clean-out when we put our Christmas stuff up and it felt great. It was tough to throw some of it out but so nice to not have all the clutter.
Good luck with everything and hope AF is gone soon!!!

Stephanie said...

I like the background...looks great!