Friday, February 15, 2008

hopping mad!

I don't have a choice but to work. I take my son to what happens to be one of the more expensive daycares around our community. It is also considered to be one of the best. I know that it is unavoidable for kids to get sick when they are around other kids. I'm not happy about how sick Jake was in January, but there isn't much I can do. But I am ticked now. I'm not even sure I can make it through the weekend without calling the director of the daycare.

When Jake started I took about a million things there for him right? Extra clothes, diapers, wipes, bottles, tylenol, disposable camera, pacifiers, and a few other things. I took lots of breast milk. I didn't know how much to take and how it would all work out. I also took a can of powdered formula JUST IN CASE. Just in case what? Well, I get Jake there at 6am when they open and then I go to work and get there right when I need to. I don't have time that I could drive home and back to daycare and then to work. I just don't want to find out the freezer on went out and Jake has no milk for the day. I can't just dash out of work. So JUST IN CASE we have this formula. I took cereal in for him and told them I would like him to get it once a day and that they can mix it to the consistency of baby food with formula. I know it will be much easier for them to use the formula than messing with the breast milk. I always use fresh milk so I don't have to worry about it being seperated and so forth. Jake was given formula 4 out of the five days this week. Yesterday he was given 4 formula bottles. His belly hurt last night and he cried and cried. I hadn't looked at his sheet from daycare since Mike picked him up. Mike got me the sheet because I wanted to see if he had been constipated and how he had eatten. 4 formula bottles is what I see! When I dropped him off this morning I VERY SPECIFICALLY said I DO not want him to have bottles of formula. He has breast milk. I asked why and was given the answer that he was very hungry and it takes so much longer to get the breast milk ready than it takes to get formula. The person that took him wrote it on his paper for the day. What do I find when I pick up Jake from daycare? He had 3 formula bottles today!!! I am pissed.

There are two things here that greatly anger me. The first is that I was clear about it. I said no bottles of formula, only mix it up and SPOON him cereal. I don't want him to have cereal in his bottles either. The second is that I am going to a lot of work to get this milk for him. It sucks. I pump three times a day and it is a pain in the ass. Jake still bites some. Mostly, if I watch and pay attention I can figure out when he is about to bite and end things first. I do still enjoy the closeness of it, but it is a lot of work. At this point, the main reason I am still doing it is because it is very clear he has allergies already and I don't want to go through a million formulas. I know it can upset their tummies to get both formula and breast milk - that it can take a bit for him to get used to it. I also know that he could be intolerant to this particular formula. It was a free can for God's sake. We were using Gentlease(?) when I stopped giving it to him when he was brand new but I we of course got rid of the open can. It makes me feel like I am going to all this work for nothing and more importantly the people I am handing over my child's life to are NOT listening to me. Grrr!

No comments: