Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Trip out of Town

My SIL has several jobs. She always has at least one home based business. I think she has sold Stampin' Up! stuff for years. I believe it is only to support her own habit. She has this large book shelf in her basement that has thousands of dollars in these stamps on it. She was talking about where she was going to have to put the next book shelf because they don't fit anymore.

Point being, I stopped being able to escape buying these items. I made my Christmas cards this year and I liked it. It only cost about $150.00 for less that 50 cards!!!! Well, I didn't have any of the basics. I had to start from scratch. But still... She has a group of ladies that love to get together and they make some cards, eat, and spend money. I was able to benefit from this. I got to be the hostess of the party and I'm sure I reaped more benefit than most parties with three times the number of people there. But what the hell am I doing?? I don't need to take up another expensive hobby! What am I thinking??? I have hundreds of dollars worth of stuff coming and I believe now that I am insane.

I drove down to my SIL house the morning of the party. I had to bring all the food and get it set up before everyone got there. Saturday wasn't a good day for me. My MIL went to this party with me and I gave her a very early time to be ready because she makes you stop every 40 minutes for her to get out "for her legs." I was terribly sick Saturday morning. I woke up and I knew I was in trouble. I hadn't slept much the night before because I was getting all the food put together. I spent 45 minutes in the bathroom being sick. It wasn't just vomiting either. So I was extra worried about the drive. I had to call my husband from the bathroom and tell him to call his mother and tell her I would be late. I do believe that there was nothing left in me to come out so I made the trip just fine.

I was fine for awhile. I made it through the party great and then I got really sick again. I had bad abdominal crapping and I felt terribly, terribly bloated. It almost got so bad that I was ready to go to the hospital. It just seemed like something was not right. I was nauseated but no vomiting. My MIL and SIL dragged me shopping and I thought that was going to kill me.

All in all the trip went well. My MIL got in a pout and acted like a child for awhile on Saturday. I certainly would have liked to have felt better. It was nice to get out of town. I had yesterday and today off and I am glad because after the nonstop business of the funeral, the whole week of work, then cooking and traveling again I needed a break. I have to work now through next week without a break. I am planning a lazy weekend then!

No comments: