Friday, January 05, 2007

Here we are

We live in a freaking black hole. We have very few choices when it comes to technology. Cell service? We are helpless with one major company that can treat you as poorly as they would like and then a second, growing company that still has a long way to go to be competitive. Internet? Choices still suck. The services provided are antiquated and terribly over priced. I guess we have something right?? Not this week. We didn't have internet for almost a week.

It doesn't matter. I have been too sick to care. I worked with my OB/GYN yesterday and he asked me how I was and I told him I have been really, REALLY sick. He patted me on my shoulder and said in the gentle voice he has "Remember, this is what you wanted." Did I want to become better acquainted with ever toilet within five minutes of my house (because that is all the farther I will go)? No. I want the end result. I am the first to admit that I am not patient. This is going to drive me nuts.

Last night was rough. I was sick enough to pop some ribs out of place. My back and side have hurt so badly today it has been almost unbearable. (that is what I say now!) My doctor came down today to do an emergency case and I said I NEED pharmacological assistance. Of course, I had to say this in front of my charge nurse and she made some bitchy comment to someone else. I am so tired of being made to feel like I am an awful person. I had to leave my newbie alone today to vomit and I LITERALLY passed eight people that do my exact job doing nothing that could have gone and helped her. None did. Two were nice enough to check on me, but no one volunteered to help.

I sucked it up and finished my day. I apologized to those I work with and made it until the end. Then I went and got my Reglan and for the first time in close to two weeks I am not actively trying not to vomit. I mean I don't have to. Thank God!

No comments: