Thursday, June 05, 2008

Update

Jake is doing so much better. He is happy and ornery. I love it. He is still teething and drooling like a fool. We are doing better on the tantrums. He realizes that I'm putting him back to bed now.

Some changes have happened at daycare. One of the women is no longer there as of the end of last week. She could be a bit difficult. She liked knowing things and not sharing that information - like my son's allergies. She liked doing things her way, even if that isn't how the daycare wanted it done. My son liked her. I liked her, yet was afraid of her. I knew I didn't want to tick her off. One day she was there, the next she wasn't. Okay. So two girls - her kids were high school age - took her place. One seems eerily nice. She is always smiling and just loves babies. That is good. She just gives me the creeps a little. She just always seems to be about two feet away from me and she is tiny and startles me. You don't see her coming. She is just suddenly there smiling up at you. This isn't bad, I know. My son seems to like her. The other girl... not so happy with. I don't know if she still works there even. She started Monday. She was there with the director when I got there and she seemed fine. Tuesday morning I got there and no one was there. I didn't have a clue what to do. I didn't know a number to call. I was panicking. I called my husband. He was in bed but was going to drag himself down to wait so I could go to work. When she got there it wouldn't have been pretty. She showed about five minutes later. The fog was bad and she had to come from about forty miles away. Not okay, but... what can I do. Yesterday we had to wait but she was there to unlock the door at 6. Today? Nothing. No one!!! I got the number for the director after what happened Tuesday. I called her and said there is no one here at 0610. The church was unlocked because the men's group has a breakfast and bible study on Thursday mornings. I went to see who was there. My best friend's dad and the husband of one of my L&D nurses were two of the men there. They said they could watch him. (their faces lit up when they saw us). They were worried about me getting to work on time and they said they would be happy to take Jake until someone got here. (I actually called the director after I saw them the first time). In the mean time, one of my coworkers showed up with her granddaughter who is six and a half months old. We talked to the director and waited until we couldn't wait any longer and left the babies with the men. The director chewed out my coworker for our doing that. I don't think she understood how well we know these men. I barely made it to work on time. We get severely penalized for being one minute late.

So what will tomorrow bring? We will see. Thank goodness we go an hour later. I think I might blow a gasket if there is no one there again. I NEVER once had that problem with the other woman. Not once, not even when the weather was awful.

Must keep packing. We were hoping to make the move this weekend, but that isn't going to work out. We can move boxes to the garage and the basement, but the carpets have to be cleaned still :( Not what we were hoping for. It will probably rain anyway.

No comments: